critique! rap album intro

Author
conflicting
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 92
2008/12/26 01:02:22 (permalink)

critique! rap album intro

I am producing a very interesting cd for two rappers from the portland oregon area... however I need help with mastering/mixing and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in collaborating. BEAT MAKERS would be of a great value here! All beats currently are beats downloaded off of soundclick. I have generated some very useful connections with people at Warner Bros. and with Def Jam. I am planning on finishing a press kit and if somebody would like to take one or couple songs off the album and remake a beat to it,, I think it could be very beneficial to someone that is trying to get their beats heard by one of these big labels. There is alot of opportunity here and if someone wants to jump on this then let me know!!!

First off! The intro is just not there yet, atleast in my opinion. Any creative Ideas? Whats wrong with it? or am I the only one that feels like its not up to par?

www.soundclick.com/conflictingproductions

I need feed back on "INTRO"

.. a little about the artists... One goes by Spitfire or Fuego. His real name is Michael Robert Smith. The other artists goes by conflicting. the funny thing is that his first and middle name are the same! his name is Michael Robert Molina. They both have been at this rap thing for 10 yrs plus. so as you can imagine they both have some songs that really bring a punch. I really think that when a big label gets their hands on their music that they will blow up!!!!
post edited by conflicting - 2008/12/26 15:42:58

7 Replies Related Threads

jamesg1213
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: critique! rap album intro 2008/12/26 04:26:31 (permalink)
    Link doesn't work.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Legion
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1986
    RE: critique! rap album intro 2008/12/26 05:37:38 (permalink)
    Sounds very interesting, try re-linking or putting the song some other place as it don't seem to work now.

If I get the time I'm interesting in som collab, PM me about what type of beats you/they are interested in.

Here's a link to one of my latest songs so you can see if you like what I do: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1530777&mpage=1&key=
    It's more of a dancehall song (with singer Jattao) but I make lots of rap-beats as well. Feel free to comment the song what you think of it (I made the music, beats, mixed, premastered etc...).

Sadly very reduced studio equipment as it is... ASUS G750J, 8 gb RAM, Win8, Roland Quad Capture.
    conflicting
    RE: critique! rap album intro 2008/12/26 15:41:48 (permalink)
    ok i fixed the link..
    conflicting
    RE: critique! rap album intro 2008/12/30 03:28:01 (permalink)
    sooooo.... WHOS GOT THE BEATS?.....
    conflicting
    RE: critique! rap album intro 2008/12/30 03:33:49 (permalink)
    i like it... hey we got the same monitors! hehehe
    egervari
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 318
    RE: critique! rap album intro 2008/12/30 03:41:29 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: conflicting

I am producing a very interesting cd for two rappers from the portland oregon area... however I need help with mastering/mixing and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in collaborating. BEAT MAKERS would be of a great value here! All beats currently are beats downloaded off of soundclick. I have generated some very useful connections with people at Warner Bros. and with Def Jam. I am planning on finishing a press kit and if somebody would like to take one or couple songs off the album and remake a beat to it,, I think it could be very beneficial to someone that is trying to get their beats heard by one of these big labels. There is alot of opportunity here and if someone wants to jump on this then let me know!!!

First off! The intro is just not there yet, atleast in my opinion. Any creative Ideas? Whats wrong with it? or am I the only one that feels like its not up to par?

www.soundclick.com/conflictingproductions

I need feed back on "INTRO"

.. a little about the artists... One goes by Spitfire or Fuego. His real name is Michael Robert Smith. The other artists goes by conflicting. the funny thing is that his first and middle name are the same! his name is Michael Robert Molina. They both have been at this rap thing for 10 yrs plus. so as you can imagine they both have some songs that really bring a punch. I really think that when a big label gets their hands on their music that they will blow up!!!!

I got a question... and this is going to sound really stupid... but why would you use other people's beats on soundclick? I mean, music artists are not just about the lyrics or the vocalist... but it's the entire composition. It just seems to be that 70% of the actual song is... well... not legit (or something).

I understand you want to rectify this... but I did a search for R&B drum samples awhile back, and instead of finding actual libraries to use as plugins, I found a lot of sites where they sell license tracks - tracks that are pretty generic and anyone could buy and use.

To me, this seems like cheating badly and it's lame, but I can't believe there is such a massive market for this stuff. It's not like there is rock song beats or whatever. I can't see Pearl Jam or STP buying a rock song track for their hit songs and just putting vocals to it... that's a little insane.

I guess different genres do things differently... and maybe that's how it is done in hip hop/rap. I dunno... to me, the essence of a song would probably be lost if you just swapped one composition in for another. And let's make no mistake about it - it's not a "beat"... it's an entire musical composition and arrangement - and to expect the artist to feel some kind of creative connection to it...? I dunno man.

For me, I gotta feel the music myself, and I gotta get a sense that there's a real collaboration with everyone involved if I didn't actually do the parts. I think you're going about it the wrong way in some respects. Just my opinion. What the hell do I know though? I don't listen to hip-hop or country, two genres where artists don't write their own music heavily compared to other genres.
    post edited by egervari - 2008/12/30 03:47:06

My Latest Give it a listen and rate it please!
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7908838

My Music:
    http://www.soundclick.com/KenEgervari

Specs:
    Software: Sonar 7 Producer
    Audio Interface: Edirol FA-66
    Mic: Shure SM81
    Guitar: Seagull Performer Mini-Jumbo
    conflicting
    RE: critique! rap album intro 2008/12/30 18:00:31 (permalink)
    wow! I am really changing my perspective on this project!. you have such a good point. Thank you! The thing was is that I didn't want to compose 12 instrumentals... I guess I am going to though... I havent found anyone with good "compositions" anyways.

Now what i want to know is there anyone with an Avalon Tube amp that would run my vocals through? I would just make one wave file,,, or even mp3 and if someone would run the vocals through that would really help me out... the thing is that I almost bought one but I dont want to regret the purchase... if I can hear what the thing sounds like before hand it would really help me outweigh the purchase.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1