default / auto bouncing ?

Author
tracktensionrecords
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/01/09 07:38:58 (permalink)

default / auto bouncing ?

for some reason after i loaded music creator 2.2 , i can record just fine into track 1 , but then when i try recording on track 2 , it is automatically recording what i did in 1 onto 2 , what's up with this ? is this some default setting that i can change ? any help would be great . thanks , cory

2 Replies Related Threads

annannienann
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 181
    RE: default / auto bouncing ? 2006/01/09 09:51:54 (permalink)
    I am assuming you are using XP, if so this is almost definitely your problem. Your recording source is the Wave Mix Out not your Mike or Line-In. This means music creator is recording everything that is coming out of your speakers NOT what is going into you Mike or Line-In ports.

You need to acquaint yourself with the Windows Audio Panel.

There are 2 ways to access it the easiest to to double click on the small speaker in your task bar. If there is no small speaker go into control panel and click on "Sound and Audio Devices" (make sure the control panel is in the classic view), then in the "Device Volume" section of the "Volume" tab click the "Advanced..." button.

You will now see a panel with a number of sliders, click on "Options" in the top left, then click "properties", then a new window will open up and select the "Recording" option and check that all the boxes are ticked in the "Show the following volume controls:" box then click "OK"

The window you now see shows you the recording source and volume levels make sure that Line-In or Mike is selected and the volume set correctly.

This will probably solve the problem. You should get a complete grasp of this control panel.
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: default / auto bouncing ? 2006/01/09 22:42:35 (permalink)
    Also, turn off input monitoring in MC. Plus, some sound cards have an option called "What U Hear". That means everything you hear while you record is also being recorded on the new track. Turn that off. Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1