desperate help needed

Author
mrt2003
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/12/03 17:21:58 (permalink)

desperate help needed

i'm trying to mix 2 seperate tracks, but when i play back the first one in order to sync with the second one, when it all comes out the timing is off. i tried the record options setting it to sound on sound and it didn't work. i'm really new to the program. am i forgetting something? they seem to start weird maybe?
post edited by mrt2003 - 2005/12/03 17:35:56

1 Reply Related Threads

kavonkavon
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 87
    RE: desperate help needed 2005/12/03 23:12:59 (permalink)
    Hi, I will try to help as far as I can. If you mean you are trying to sync up two AUDIO tracks then what I do is this: without pushing play click your pointer onto a track with an obvious on-the-beat note, such as a bass drum or a snare drum. This will be your target for the other track to be dragged to. Find a note in the OTHER track that is supposed to correspond with the selection you have marked with your pointer and use the mouse left button hold to drag that note and line it up with the note in the first track. This works okay and takes a little practice and sometimes you will need to split and delete a small part of the beginning of a track to make room for the drag. Sound on sound only applies as far as a mode of recording and has nothing to do with syncing up stuff. My advice assumes that you have used the same tempo and beats per measure on both tracks and it is the same song the whole way through. Practice dragging and dropping clips here and there. You can always undo the bad stuff if you get stuck. SAVE often when it's right. Good luck and Happy Holidays. Kevin
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1