digital recording playback TOO FAST using opticle in t record

Author
jonpaulmusic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/06/11 06:27:42 (permalink)

digital recording playback TOO FAST using opticle in t record

Hi guys new to the forum so bear with me whilst i explain problem.
I have just bought a Cakewalk UA-25 EX usb audio capture card which came with sonar LE 6
I have this rigged upto a Dell XPS M1530 laptop.

So here we go! when i record via the anolouge inputs i get a fairly clean recording no problems. (at least since i downgraded to xp)

When i connect a Sony minidisc player to the card via the optical cable (sony out to UA-25 ex card input) and record using sonar the monitor whilst recording plays at normal speed but once the recording is finished and you playback the recording it is realy fast and sounds like the chipmunks

I dont know whats going on so wondered if anyone else had this problem and how or if they managed to solve it

Please help as i need this feature

Many thanks Jon

2 Replies Related Threads

NoKey
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 974
    Re:digital recording playback TOO FAST using opticle in t record 2010/06/11 08:52:01 (permalink)
    That could be due to the sampling rate specified for the digital output. That's an independent setting.

Set it to other values and test results.

It can also have to do with the audio buffer being to small.

It can also have to do with the driver not handling that function correctly. If so, it may not be correctible, or try another sampling rate for your project. Maybe 48 K or 41.6, and also check the specs on your minidisk and match that.
    post edited by NoKey - 2010/06/11 08:57:02
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:digital recording playback TOO FAST using opticle in t record 2010/06/15 03:33:29 (permalink)
    Minidisc doesn't use normal wavs. nor MP3's.
    Is it sure that the Minidisc audio format is fully compatible with DAWs?
    A minidisc can be recorded with ATRAC compression or as linear PCM,
    but I've no idea what that means in practice.

Anyways, if it plays, but plays too fast, it sounds like a sample rate mismatch.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1