dimension pro installation on mac

Author
chatha
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2006/07/30 20:01:11 (permalink)

dimension pro installation on mac

i have a powermac g5 (not intel). ialso have protools le 7.1. mac version is 10.4 . i bought the dimension pro few weeks ago. installed 2 discs in mac. isee all the files installed. when i open protools i dont see dimension as instrument along with reason ,sample tank ...... how do i open dimension pro in pro tools please some one help. called tech support. no help. please some one help

6 Replies Related Threads

chatha
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: dimension pro installation on mac 2006/07/31 19:26:53 (permalink)
    hi chad, i downloaded the update to desktop on mac. try to open it. it is asking me to choose an application. still not showing in pro tools. how do you install the update.
    dmclean
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: dimension pro installation on mac 2006/08/04 14:25:03 (permalink)
    I am trying to use Dimension Pro with Digital Performer 5 on a Mac system, but cannot get it to work. Digital Performer 5 cannot detect the Dimension Pro user interface. My Digital Performer works perfectly with other virtual synths such as: Jazz & Big Band, Analog Factory, FM7, Tassman 4, Crystal, and Cakewalk's Rapture demo. Suggestions provided by Cakewalk Support have not worked.

My computer system: Mac G4 Digital Audio, Mac OS 10.4.7, Processor 1.33 GHz 2 MB L3 cache, Memory 1 GB SDRAM.

It seems that either my Dimension Pro installation disk, or the program, itself, is defective. In addition to my Digital Performer 5 not being able to detect Dimension Pro, I have encountered other problems. The Dimension Pro installation disk supposedly allows the user to choose the location of the sample content library. In fact, regardless of the hard drive chosen during installation, all files are placed on the startup hard drive. Also, the Dimension Pro uninstall feature does not work. I tried several times using the installation disk to uninstall Dimension Pro without success.

If anyone can offer constructive advice on how to get Dimension Pro working, I would be most appreciative.

Cordially,
    dmclean
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: dimension pro installation on mac 2006/08/04 16:23:22 (permalink)
    The Dimension Pro installation disk supposedly allows the user to choose the location of the sample content library. In fact, regardless of the hard drive chosen during installation, all files are placed on the startup hard drive.

Are you sure?
    On my system, version 10.4.6, it worked fine... I had to create a target multisamples directory first (I chose /Volumes/[partition_name]/samples/DimensionPro) and it worked fine... multisamples (GB of them) in that location. The application files and preset files don't go there, however... they go on the system drive.
    I'm getting ready to rebuild my mac tonight, which will put me on 10.4.7, so I'll do that before reinstalling Dimension Pro and see if it's something particular about that OS version. I suppose it's possible.

Digital Performer 5 cannot detect the Dimension Pro user interface.

I had this with Logic Pro 6 as well, sort of. The interface would show up, the layout was incorrect. However, the 1.2 update fixed this for me.
    Are you running it as an AudioUnit plugin? I don't know what Digital Performer supports, but with Logic, AU works great.

hi chad, i downloaded the update to desktop on mac. try to open it. it is asking me to choose an application. still not showing in pro tools. how do you install the update.

What is the file extension of the update file? What browser did you use to download the file?
    Some browsers (Safari, I think) will add an exe extension to some downloaded filenames. Renaming the file, removing the .exe, solves this problem (I think the update is a .dmg file, but I'm at work so I'll have to look when I get home).

- zevo
    dmclean
    RE: dimension pro installation on mac 2006/08/05 12:40:41 (permalink)
    Dear Chad,

I am deeply appreciative for your kindly, precise, and constructive advice which got Dimension Pro up and running for me. It is now working perfectly with Digital Performer 5 on my Mac G4 Digital Audio.

I had read splendid reviews of Dimension Pro and was eager to try it out. After doing so this morning, I can only agree wholeheartedly with the reviews. Dimension Pro is a truly wonderful program, and I love it.

Re why I could not get Dimension Pro up and running, I had tried suggestions such as installing the Dimension Pro 1.2 update without success. I now suspect that your advice on how to force Digital Performer to recan all my plugins might have been the crucial factor.

Many thanks for your help. You have made my day.

Cordially,
    dmclean
    dmclean
    RE: dimension pro installation on mac 2006/08/05 12:58:21 (permalink)
    Dear Zevo,

Thank you for your response to my post. Re rebuilding your Mac, I'm delighted to report that Dimension Pro works excellently with Mac OS 10.4.7.

Also, Chad's advice on using "Custom Install" during installation took care of the placement of files.

Cheers,
    dmclean
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: dimension pro installation on mac 2006/08/07 12:03:54 (permalink)
    Glad it worked out.
    Dimension Pro and Rapture both work very well within Logic Pro 6 as Audio Units on 10.4.6 and 10.4.7, including the expansion packs.

Perhaps soon I'll have my new machine to play with, which will be an Intel Mac, with Logic Pro 7.
    I'll post success or failure and any issues when I get a chance.

- zevo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1