dimension pro

Author
ajaco
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2007/02/11 07:20:00 (permalink)

dimension pro

I'm sure I'm missing something basic here, but as a beginner in this stuff, can anyone tell me how to get a guitar strum effect? I thought it was already a 'program'.

1 Reply Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: dimension pro 2007/02/12 10:44:23 (permalink)
    can anyone tell me how to get a guitar strum effect?
    That's a tough one, without diving into some deeper preset adjustments. There's an easier generalized way that's not perfect. It uses delayed samples and a random component, so it's not that controllable, either. I'll use the Twelve String Guitar preset under 08 - Guitars as an example. What makes this one 'work' is having an almost identical pair of Elements, with E1 holding everything together.

Click on the third icon of four to the left of the DIMENSIONPRO logo to open up the MIDI Matrix. Add these two lines:
    Random Unipolar -> Sample Delay 2 -> 50 -> (Smooth inactive)
    Keyboard -> Sample Delay 2 -> 100 -> (Smooth inactive)

Experiment with the Depth settings (in the third column) to adjust the 'strumming' effect. You can also (optionally) add two more lines:
    Alternate -> Sample Delay 2 -> 50 -> (Smooth inactive)
    Velocity -> Sample Delay 2 -> 50 -> (Smooth inactive)

The key is to change the Depth in each MIDI Matrix slot in combinations. Sample Delay is in milliseconds, to give you an idea of how much later each 'string' will be plucked. Larger Depth; slower 'downstroke strum'. Negative Depth; 'upstroke strum'. You can try out a similar setups on any other preset.
    post edited by b rock - 2007/02/12 11:12:19
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1