disappearing GS Wavetable

Author
ravenmusic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2006/01/20 12:48:26 (permalink)

disappearing GS Wavetable

Hi

I have been using MC for a couple of years recording audio and learning to play guitar, if and when I have a problem a search on the forum usually finds the answer thanks to Robomusic, Millerbill and many others. Recently I have taken the plunge into midi using piano roll and virtual synths which has opened up a whole new world of creativity one day I will own a keyboard.

However the problem is that GS Wavetable has disappeared which means that there is no sound from Roland Drum set, General Midi, Session drummer etc but the patterns created in piano roll will play through Sonik Synth 2 etc. Audio is loud and clear. In Midi devices inputs are listed with Delta AP MIDI only the outs Delta AP MIDI Microsoft MIDI Mapper and three M Audio features. In assign instruments output channel are listed Delta AP MIDI 1 through 16. The Audio Options appear to be set up correctly, so am a bit puzzeled as to where Wavetable has gone suppose it is possible it has been disabled some how..

I have some other problems but will post seperatley.

Any help would be great.

ravenmusic

3 Replies Related Threads

jdcart
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: disappearing GS Wavetable 2006/01/20 13:21:55 (permalink)
    I am not an expert, but I have encounted similar problems. Do you have two MIDI programs installed? The GS maybe has become dedicated to one program. The Delta used with MC maybe will not recognize GS because it is dedicated to another program. I am not sure if this is the case, but something similar happened to my system when I installed MC.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: disappearing GS Wavetable 2006/01/20 15:28:04 (permalink)
    Usually when this happens it is because you have the WDM driver enabled rather than the MME drivers. Microsoft synth GS is only under the MME drivers. Now I never use the GS synth, it sounds cheesey to me, I would rather use Edirol or sonic synth and sample tank Synth 1 what ever rather than MS GS. plus with the WDM you get better response time on the synths anyway.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    ravenmusic
    • Total Posts : 23
    RE: disappearing GS Wavetable 2006/01/20 18:14:03 (permalink)
    Thanks Robmusic and jdcart, all seems to be working in respect to that particular problem, I have now ditched GS wavetable and stick with those good synths out there.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1