dvd buring

Author
RobJ
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2007/02/15 15:49:13 (permalink)

dvd buring

Hi all,

Need to burn a dvd off Pyro from a 6 hour lecture I gave; what's the best way to copy the audio file to pyro so I can burn it onto a dvd. I am trying to avoid making multiple cd's so the entire lecture can be on one disc for my students. Will pyro record the entire 6 hours of lecture as one file?

Many thanks,

Dr. Rob

1 Reply Related Threads

Jimmy C
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22
    RE: dvd buring 2007/02/15 21:54:37 (permalink)
    I think your best bet is to make a data DVD in .mp3 format to conserve space (assuming you will not need the highest audio fidelity possible to preserve your lecture). All you need to do is have the file already on your computer so that it is locatable while you are creating your project in Pyro and preparing to burn the dvd. If it is in digital format on a .mp3 player/recording device transfer the file to your computer. If the lecture is on a tape recorder you need to first record from the recorder into Pyro which will save it as an audio file on your computer (Follow directions on how to "Record an Audio file" from Pyro's main "Start" tab under the heading of "Other Tasks".)

Try a search for "Making Data DVDs" in Pyro's help menu/users guide (you can search either the "Index" or the "Search" tab once inside the user guide) and you'll get the following along with more precise directions:

"Pyro burns full data CDs and DVDs. You can store any kind of file on a data disc, including audio files. This is how you make MP3 CDs to play in MP3 players or computers. If you make an MP3 CD, do not create any subfolders in your CD project--put all the files in the top-level (root) folder--otherwise your MP3 player won't find the files on the CD. You can give your Data CD or DVD a name by clicking the root folder (the one labeled DataDisc) to select it, and then clicking it again (the name must be 3 to 11 characters long)..."
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1