eastwest ghostwriter noise issue.

Author
hitnmissmusic70
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/08/19 12:44:49 (permalink)

eastwest ghostwriter noise issue.

Hello all! This is my first post and have hopes that I'm in the right house. I have X2 Studio and recently installed QLEWSO Silver. I hearing audio pops and glitches when trying to use it in a project. I did some research and found that perhaps my I/O & recording buffers may be set to low. So Ive been blindly increasing both to no avail. My system and gear is a Intel Duo core 2.33GHz with 6GB of ram running on windows 7 64 bit.  Where should I set those buffer settings?
Also, I know this is a place for discussing Sonar but I a quick question regarding Ghostwriter. What does the engine setting ( low, medium, high) mean? Thank you all for your time. Ive been a Sonar fan since Sonar 5 and it is what has ran my studio ever since. Love what they did in X series!

1 Reply Related Threads

rcrees
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 392
    Re: eastwest ghostwriter noise issue. 2014/08/20 19:01:39 (permalink)
    I would visit the Soundsonline forum for help with this.  They have a pretty good forum (second only to this one) and you'll find all the help/info you need about adjusting your EWQL engine settings...

Your "pops and glitches" are most likely a latency issue. I don't see any mention of a sound card. Are you using your computer's built in sound card?  That may be your problem. Also, having your Internet connection or Wireless connection turned on could cause problems as well.

Best,
    Rob

http://www.rcreesmusic.com
    Dell XPS 8300, Intel Core i7, 8gigs ram, AMD Radeon 6670, Two SATA II 500gig hard drives, one 250gig external USB drive, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, M-Audio Keystation 61es, Windows 7 Home Premium, SONAR X3 Producer, many sample libraries including EastWest PLAYx64 Gold Complete, RA, Stormdrum and Choirs
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1