editing audio clips

Author
jmoconnor1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2005/08/13 04:41:14 (permalink)

editing audio clips

I thought there was an easy way to edit audio clips (ie, recorded guitar part) within the editor. It's easy to do with MIDI samples but I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to remove some unwanted space from the beginning of an audio clip. Please advise.

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: editing audio clips 2005/08/13 09:41:33 (permalink)
    how to remove some unwanted space from the beginning of an audio clip.
    Welcome to the forum, Joe. You can only extensively edit the audio using an external audio editor, like this free one [Audacity]. What is available within Project5 won't show up until you "groove-clip" the file (Edit/Groove Clip Looping; or Ctrl+L).

For some simple edits like you propose, you could bring the audio file into one of the pads in the Velocity plugin, adjust the Start time in the Sample Edit Controls [use the Shift key for fine tuning], and Bounce the edited file to Track [Edit/Bounce to Track; or Ctrl+E] for use afterwards in the Arrange Pane. You'll need to place the trigger note for Velocity's targeted pad in a new pattern before the bounce. HTH
    jardim do mar
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1247
    RE: editing audio clips 2005/08/13 09:46:06 (permalink)
    Please advise.
    ,,, remember ,,p5 is "pattern based",,, don't think "linear",,, if you "tap" into what you can do with your "audio files' you'll see the power,,,,, useful tools are keystrokes,,,, "S",,, "U" "ctrl L",, ,,,the slip edit tool ,is helpful as well,,,, say you record a ,,,4 min guitar track,,, just ,,split it up in say 5-10 measure clips,,, then 'un-select clips' then slip edit as desired,,, then "groove clip it",,, now,,,,,, this is where the "fun begins,,,, you can ,, drag into the matrix,, for ,,playing with variations of your parts ,,, etc,,,, you can use the automation tools in the "editor",,, and so on,,,,, ,,, these are just the "begining " of ways to manipulate/ arrange your files,,,,,IMho, p5 is mis-understood ,, with it's "audio editing features" it's extremely powerful,,, ya know ,,just in a different way,,,, i think ,,the problem is ,,, is that ,, many haven't ,,learned the functions,,,, ,,, i work in every program ,,,there is ,,,, ya gotta be "open -minded",, ya gotta be flexible,,,, and most of all ,,,,if you,,, are an musician,,, ya gotta "create and have fun",,,,,,,,, p5,,,,, just got a ,,,,, "good vibe " to it ,,,ya know,,,,,it only gets,,,,better,,,,
    gee "B" ,,talk abou ,,"synchronicity",,,,
    post edited by jardim do mar - 2005/08/13 10:51:29

marcella
    And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1