error on save: "Acces to.... denied."

Author
mariogag
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
2018/05/29 21:46:34 (permalink)

error on save: "Acces to.... denied."

Hi,

I have both splat (last version) and CbB buil 31 installed. I've just started seeing this after installing build 31:

Note: I made a quick test it doesn't happen on a brand new recorded file  (splat or CbB)

On old files recorded with splat or CbB it will save properly but when I re-open them and try to save it again (splat or CbB) I get the following error message:

"Access to "my recorded file" was denied

first: has anybody seen this?
two: any idea what is going on? it could be between the chair and the keyboard but I've only played with the lenses since I've installed with build 31.

Pleas tell me it's between the chair and the keyboard....I'm not kiddin'....I'm humble.

Mario

7 Replies Related Threads

msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: error on save: "Acces to.... denied." 2018/05/29 22:09:14 (permalink)
    Sounds to me like something still has the file open.

I'm assuming you've not got the project open in SPLAT at the same time?

If it's not that, then try rebooting your PC and re-loading / saving the project in CbB. It may be that CbB isn't shutting down properly for some reason, and keeping the last file open.

If it works after a reboot, then this is probably what is happening.

M.

mariogag
    Re: error on save: "Acces to.... denied." 2018/05/30 01:05:11 (permalink)
    Update,

iAfter a complete shutdown I found once it was up again that I still had 3 instances of the service bandlab assistant running (task manager sevices tab).

I selected the 3rd one and killed it......the other were aloso killed.

I launched CbB and open one of the file I had problem with.

Now it's working properly again.

I'll put the issue back on the table if I have to kill the bandlab assistant again. For now I treat it as a fluke.

Cheers!

M
    karhide
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    Re: error on save: "Acces to.... denied." 2018/05/30 05:29:48 (permalink)
    mariogag
    Update,

iAfter a complete shutdown I found once it was up again that I still had 3 instances of the service bandlab assistant running (task manager sevices tab).

I selected the 3rd one and killed it......the other were aloso killed.

I launched CbB and open one of the file I had problem with.

Now it's working properly again.

I'll put the issue back on the table if I have to kill the bandlab assistant again. For now I treat it as a fluke.

Cheers!

M

You can set the BandLab Assistant to not automatically run at startup by clicking on the cog at the top left and then select 'Disable launch on startup'. 

In this case I do not think BandLab Assistant caused the problem it sounds more like the instances of Splat and CbB that had the project open.   BandLab assistant is for accessing the online BandLab projects and updating the CbB software and does not care about where the CbB projejct files are. 

Studio: Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 32GB RAM Samsung Evo 1TB system drive Windows 10 64bit - RME FireFace UFX - Focusrite OctoPre MK II - Audient Mico

Mobile: Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 8GB RAM Samsung Evo 1TB system drive Windows 10 64bit - RME FireFace 400

Mobile2: Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 8GB RAM 256 GB System Drive Windows 10 64 bit

http://www.karhide.co.uk/
    https://karhide.bandcamp.com
    mariogag
    Re: error on save: "Acces to.... denied." 2018/05/31 00:59:37 (permalink)
    Yes I know how to disable the autimatic launch of bablab.....and I have done it.

1) Having 3 instances of the assistant running after a shutdown/power up of your PC is really strange.
    2) Killing the 3 instances by selecting and killing only one just makes it more strange.

3) Before these instances were killed I wasn't able to save fies. Everything started working properly once everything got killed.

So until further notice I see this as a fluke.

M
    mariogag
    (UPDATE): error on save: "Acces to.... denied." 2018/06/04 12:04:36 (permalink)
    Well I thought it was a "fluke" but it doesn't seem to be so. Worst, it seems to be random as not all the olde files I opened to test this are showing the problem.

workaround : simply save the file under another name....from that point on you can work with that new file as if nothing had happened.

I hate heset this type of issues as it's almost impossible to debug "corrupted" files.

Mario
    msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: (UPDATE): error on save: "Acces to.... denied." 2018/06/04 14:20:28 (permalink)
    mariogag
    Well I thought it was a "fluke" but it doesn't seem to be so. Worst, it seems to be random as not all the olde files I opened to test this are showing the problem.

workaround : simply save the file under another name....from that point on you can work with that new file as if nothing had happened.

I hate heset this type of issues as it's almost impossible to debug "corrupted" files.

Mario

Recently I've been having similar problems myself.

Things I've noticed:

1. CbB (and SPLAT) keeps an open file handle on the last file it wrote. This is true for both project files and export wav files. Opening a new project, or saving under another name releases the previous file handle.

2. If the VST Scanner gets upset somehow, it can hang around causing CbB to now shut down properly. Re-launching CbB then shows the symptoms you've described as the previous CbB has the files open still.

M.

mariogag
    Re: (UPDATE): error on save: "Acces to.... denied." 2018/06/05 11:35:34 (permalink)
    It's strange that it is seen on both splat and CbB. Is this something that started after upgrading to the latest release?

M
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1