export to mp3 ghosted out in Cakewalk pro audio 9

Author
tterry007
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2007/08/14 15:53:31 (permalink)

export to mp3 ghosted out in Cakewalk pro audio 9

After creating a midi project, I'm attempting to mix it down to an mp3, or any other export. The problem I'm having is that the export option under tools> mixdown>, is ghosted out and I'm un able to select it. Do I need some sort of plugin for Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, or do I need to prepair the project some how to enable this option?

Thanks for any help
Dennis

3 Replies Related Threads

larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    RE: export to mp3 ghosted out in Cakewalk pro audio 9 2007/08/14 17:34:43 (permalink)

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    tterry007
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: export to mp3 ghosted out in Cakewalk pro audio 9 2007/08/14 22:57:32 (permalink)
    Thanks Larry

I managed to arm the tracks and convert them to audio and then export them. However, there is no sound. As I'm converting the midi to audio, the meters for my recording console do not move. I checked the settings for my sound card and may have found a problem; I'll run it by you. Under Playback, I have a sw synth control, but under recording, there is no sw synth. Just stereo mix. Do I need that sw synth to convert in cakewalk? Or is that for recording into the computer using a midi device, which I don't use, I input my music directly onto the staff. I can hear what I input, and can hear the midi file. I just have no sound on the exported wav, or mp3.

Thanks
    Dennis
    larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    RE: export to mp3 ghosted out in Cakewalk pro audio 9 2007/08/15 17:48:18 (permalink)
    I think we need to step back a bit and verify that you actually recorded the midi sounds when you did the conversion from midi to audio. You said the meters on the recording console did not move when converting the midi to audio. That's a clue that you didn't record anything, or recorded it at a low or zero level. You will need to rectify that problem before worrying about exporting anything. In any case, never try exporting any audio that you haven't listened to. You need to get it to sound right before exporting it.

Is it true that you are using a sw synth to play the midi tracks and make sound? I'm guessing yes since you said you are directly entering the notes into the staff and then playing that back. If so then you likely are selecting the sw synth as the Port (i.e., the output port) for the midi tracks. That's what you want. PA9 is then sending the midi data (that you entered into the staff) to that sw synth (or wherever the Port is aimed). So, Yes, you need some kind of sw synth for playback of the midi data. But you do not need the sw synth for playback of the audio tracks. The output Port of the audio tracks should be set to your soundcard. Then PA9 sends the audio data to the soundcard so you can hear it.

When you set up the audio track to record the midi sounds, what are you setting for the Source?
    What are you setting for the audio track Port?

You mentioned a recording console. Are you referring to the one in PA9? If so, it should have a section (or channel) for every track and on the far right would be the "master output" meters and level controls. For the audio tracks, there should be a volume (or level) meter shown for each audio track that is enabled for recording. And when recording the midi playback you should see the level meter hovering somewhere in the -6 to 0db range. Do you see that during recording?

We can continue after you respond.
    Cheers,
    Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1