LockedFinding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Tj Ballard
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/11 21:06:21 (permalink)
How did you get to the download stage?
guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/11 21:29:59 (permalink)
TJ - didn't you get an email confirmation of your order?  On that email there should be 2 links, one for the serial numbers and one for the download page.
Tj Ballard
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/12 08:53:27 (permalink)
No, I bought my copy from a store....registered it and that was it,,,,,, No links,  nothing.  It doesn't even show that I have registration numbers etc in my account area.  Wish it were that easy...thanks though
Tj
Tj Ballard
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/12 10:04:51 (permalink)
No, I bought my copy from a store....registered it and that was it,,,,,, No links,  nothing.  It doesn't even show that I have registration numbers etc in my account area.  Wish it were that easy...thanks though
Tj

Robin Kelly [Roland]
Genuinely Swell Guy
  • Total Posts : 571
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/12 15:59:33 (permalink)
I have done this a few times during the implementation and testing phases but I decided to go ahead and purchase SONAR X1 just like you have\would from the store. This was a sanity check to make sure everything is still OK.

First some background.

The Cakewalk store is on it's own server. Last week we had an absolutely unprecedented demand for SONAR X1. Just like other sites\servers that get overwhelmed this caused problems and also the server itself to go down. Heck, it has even happened to Twitter and other sites that are 100x bigger than ours. To make matters worse, Paypal and other payment processors were getting slammed with denial of service attacks thanks to the whole Wikileaks situation. (let's leave politics out of this and just move on )

On Thursday and on Friday we upgraded and then upgraded again our store servers and systems to handle the volume. This volume has not subsided it's just being handled by a much larger system which is why the number of posts regarding a problem have dropped. This is great to see and for anyone who had trouble I do apologize that you got caught in the surge.

So that's what is going on with the store. The downloads are not being handled by the store but by a completely independent system call Amazon S3. This allows a scalable system that grows and shrinks the amount of servers used based on demand. This is why folks could still run their downloads even when the store had trouble. In addition, we are utilizing a technology that provides you the closest regional server based on your location. So you are not downloading from Boston if you are in Hong Kong, London or even LA. So please know that as long as Amazon is up and running your download will be fine.

OK enough preamble.

Getting the download.

• I logged into the store with my username and password.
  • Added SONAR X1 to my cart
  • Checked out.
  • I received my confirmation email in about 15 min after completing my purchase. This email is delivered to the email address I used to log into the store. So if I login with Robin @ robin.com but then keep checking my robinisawesome @ hotmail.com account for the confirmation email I will be out of luck. (not my email addys btw so please do not use them ).
  • In the store, I clicked on "My Downloads" in my store account and I saw my SONAR X1 purchase listed along with the serial number and also a link to Download.
  • I clicked on the download link.
  • This took me to the page that displays the download links for SONAR X1.
  • For SONAR X1 producer there are 8 files named
    • 01_READ_FIRST_SONAR_X1.exe
    • 02_...
    • 03_...
    • etc
  • I download all the files to a common directory I created which I named SONAR X1 download.
  • So since I make I habit of reading the readme and manuals (joke) I skipped the first file and double clicked on file 02_SONAR_X1_Producerpart1.exe
    • Running this file extracted all my files for me and began the install process.
    • As the extraction was happening I went back to the Read Me file unzipped it and there was a list of the new keyclusters and also install instructions located within the user guide. IMPORTANT- If you are not comfortable installing or if you want the official instructions please see page 9 of the user guide.
 From there SONAR X1 finished installation and I was ready to go. I ran the application for the first time and entered my reg code. If you do not have a reg code just follow the prompts in the software.

Notes
-There is an update to Guitar Rig 4 LE which I downloaded from the NI service center. However, you need to then run the update manually after the download (don't forget!).
- If you buy a new version of SONAR from a retailer there will not be download links in your store account as you bought a boxed version and no download.
-If you you buy a download upgrade and the box option you will have download links in your account as you purchased a download.
-If you are already running Dimension Pro and have not already updated to v1.5 you should read this KB article.
-If you would like videos about using SONAR X1 please see SONAR University
-If you still are having trouble getting serial numbers, emails etc. Please contact customer service: http://www.cakewalk.com/about/csr.aspx and be sure to let them know your order number and they can get look into it for you. We can't solve this problem over the forums.
-If you have still not received your Free SONAR X1 email please following the links below

SONAR X1 Producer
'I registered a copy of SONAR 8.5 Producer after November 1st'

SONAR X1 Studio
'I registered a copy of SONAR 8.5 Studio after November 1st'

SONAR X1 Essential
'I registered a copy of SONAR Home Studio 7 XL after November 1st'

Regards,

Robin

That's my blog
Omnia illa et ante fiebant, Omnia illa et rursus fient.
Tj Ballard
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/12 17:18:30 (permalink)
Like I said...sounds great, but doesn't work for me.  I bought 8.5, registered it, got my serial number etc for 8.5 and finished the install.  IT IS REGISTERED!  I then went to see if I could then download X1.....not happening!  I have gone to the store, tried to purchase it but it keeps telling me that I have to get the purchase verified by Cakewalk to finish purchase.  No links, no other help just that....I have to get verified.  It tells me to contact Cakewalk (which I have done)  And am waiting some sort of help and assistance.  Anyone else have any ideas what I am doing incorrectly?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Tj
Robin Kelly [Roland]
Genuinely Swell Guy
  • Total Posts : 571
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/12 17:47:41 (permalink)
Somehow the system is having trouble validating you. When you login to the store do you see 8.5 listed as registered? If yes, please ensure that you are selecting the correct upgrade path. If you have done all those things then you need to speak to customer service. If you have an email in they will reply but please understand the volume is high right now so a response might be slower than normal.

From the FAQ.

Q: I tried to buy the SONAR X1 download but I got a message that says “An item in your cart requires further validation” when I checked out. What does this mean and what should I do?

A: This means that our records do not indicate that you qualify for the upgrade purchase you are trying to make. Please verify that you picked the right upgrade for the product you own and that you registered the product. Also, please make sure that you are using the correct store login or email used to register your product. If that does not work it might mean an issue with our records.  Please contact customer service at our toll-free sales/service line Monday-Friday 9 AM to 8 PM Eastern time at 1-888-CAKEWALK (1-888-225-3925) or 617-423-9004 (outside the U.S.) or e-mail http://www.cakewalk.com/About/csr.asp.

That's my blog
Omnia illa et ante fiebant, Omnia illa et rursus fient.
Tj Ballard
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/12 18:17:06 (permalink)
I registered 8.5....it gave me my serial number. I finished the install of 8.5.  So that means I am registered correct?  But....when I look at my account, it doesn't show anything registered or "my serial numbers"....so what does that mean?  If I got a serial number for my 8.5 wouldn't that mean I have one?  Confusing... this here in is where the problem must originate.  It let me register a new copy of 8.5 but for some reason does not recall it.  So what to do?  What to do?  That seems to be why it will not validate.....it does not recall my registering 8.5.  There in no X1 download.
Thanks Robin for helping...or at least trying.
Tj
jrom
  • Total Posts : 43
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/13 07:04:35 (permalink)
Haven't got my serial # either - did my download Friday - bit frustrating.

Jan
Martin Hines
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 59
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/13 12:33:02 (permalink)
jrom

Haven't got my serial # either - did my download Friday - bit frustrating.

Jan
Me neither.  I think Cakewalk should not have stated "(will be visible within 15 minutes of purchase)".

I would have been happier if Cakewalk had stated something like "Serial Numbers will be available within a few business days".

*** UPDATE ****
It appears Cakewalk Customer Service is working through the backlog.  I received three Serial Number emails this afternoon (Monday):
-- Sonar X1 Producer Serial Number and Registration Code
-- Dimension Pro 1.5 Serial Number and Registration Code
-- Native Instruments Guitar Rig 4 LE Serial Number
post edited by Martin Hines - 2010/12/13 16:07:09
Tj Ballard
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/13 16:33:37 (permalink)
Great to hear.....hope that happens here soon!
Merry Christmas
ambolik
  • Total Posts : 9
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/13 16:58:28 (permalink)
...well...I'm just sick of you CW.....
I purchased since 12/09 (free dwld + box)....I can't dl because my connexion is too slow so the links expire before dl is complete on my computer.....my serial doesnt appear anywhere in my CW account....However I received on 12/09 a receipt from CW with Serial link and dl links....the serial link sends me to my registrations page in my CW account, but no X1 serial there...in the mail, there's my order reference, but the order doesn't appear in my order history in my CW account.....I already sent 3 mails to CW support....no reply from you.....it's just boring and disappointing...I'm a Sonar user since v4 (upgrd from 4 studio to 4PE, from 4PE to 5PE, from 5PE to 6PE, from 6PE to 8PE, from 8PE to 8.5PE, from 8.5PE to X1PE...well, I try to upgrade to X1), each time we pay...it's the second time I have serial issues with you CW....last time it took about 2 month to get this stupid serial....non responsive Customer Service...each time we pay, and besides, if I want A quick answer from you, I should have to pay an international phone-call (I'm from France), waiting for endless minutes/hours ??????!!!!!! Sometimes, I really think you must be really making fun of your customers CW...Shame on You!!!!!
As I have to wait for you to deign to reply to me to give me my X1 serial via the customer service, the only hobby I found is posting here some unpleasnt messages....

EDIT:
When a link expires it will not prevent you from completing the download - it will only prevent you from down
...well I tried 5 times to downloas part 1 or  2, and each time the dl interrupts after a fiew hours with an error message :" the source file cannot be found", after having dl about 1Go of data....so?

post edited by ambolik - 2010/12/13 19:16:52
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
Re:Finding Your Serial Number and Download Links on the Store. 2010/12/13 17:27:57 (permalink)
@jrom - if you haven't already opened a ticket with customer service http://www.cakewalk.com/about/csr.aspx then send me a private message with your email address and order #

@ambolik - when the links expire you can get fresh ones by simply refreshing your My Account page in the store.  When a link expires it will not prevent you from completing the download - it will only prevent you from down.  I can see your first Customer Service email on Saturday - we will get to it before the end of our business day today.  Unfortunately we are closed on the weekends and have had a lot of volume.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1