Dear Cakewalk II

Author
Telecaster
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 523
2010/12/09 12:07:13 (permalink)

Dear Cakewalk II

Dear Cakewalk,

I sincerely hope that you guys keep the spirit high, despite all the negative crap being thrown around.

Even though you didn't send me the X1 gift for my birthday, I will give it to my self and I am really looking forward to it.

So carry on fixing the little bugs and sort the graphics out, just send me an email when it is as good as 8.5.3 and I will do the upgrade

Cheers
Mike
PC I7 3770k, 16Gb ram build to Jim Roseberry specs.
Sonar X3 PE, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 , Edirol PCR-800.

6 Replies Related Threads

derFunkenstein
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 735
    Re:Dear Cakewalk II 2010/12/09 12:20:23 (permalink)
    Hear, hear.

I think people actually *ignored* all the marketing material stating that it was a whole new system.  They thought they could just download and dive in and everything would be just where it was and the new stuff would be there alongside the old, because that's what happened the last 6 or 7 versions or whatever.  I knew I didn't want to jump right in on release day because I'm in the middle of something, and doing a brand new software revamp in the middle of something important is just plain dumb.  My intent is to DL X1 when I'm done, put it on my PC, and putz with it in between projects.  Once I feel like I have a grip on it, I'll do something fun.  Desperate people making 4 threads because there's not a PDF version of the manual obviously screwed up themselves by thinking they were going to download it yesterday and have the same level of proficiency today, ignoring that this really does have a new interface.  

I came to the forums hoping to live vicariously through others as people discovered new stuff.  That didn't happen, but it hasn't put me off of Cakewalk; it's putting me off of other people, which is my tendency anyway.  :lol:

King Ben of Nopantsville
    LpMike75
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1621
    Re:Dear Cakewalk II 2010/12/09 12:33:15 (permalink)
        I've had some hiccups with the installation process and registering,  I then felt like an old man walking around his kitchen after someone remodeled it...."where the heck is my frying pan...it used to be right here!"
        But now that I've spent some time with it, I'm really digging the new tools and workflow.  I don't regret the purchase at all, and suspect my 8.5.3 will be sitting on the shelf collecting dust next to my Sonar 7 very shortly. 

- Mike
    Sonar Platinum - M-Audio Profire 2626 , Pro Tools 11 HD Omni - PC I7 6850K - 64 G RAM - GeForce GTX 970
    http://www.soundcloud.com/michael-lizotte 
    Http://WWW.HomeRecordingWizard.Com
    HTTP://WWW.Facebook.com/HomeRecordingWizard
    Http://www.mjlmusic.com 
    Monkey23
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 848
    Re:Dear Cakewalk II 2010/12/09 13:14:20 (permalink)
    derFunkenstein

Hear, hear.

I think people actually *ignored* all the marketing material stating that it was a whole new system.  They thought they could just download and dive in and everything would be just where it was and the new stuff would be there alongside the old, because that's what happened the last 6 or 7 versions or whatever.  I knew I didn't want to jump right in on release day because I'm in the middle of something, and doing a brand new software revamp in the middle of something important is just plain dumb.  My intent is to DL X1 when I'm done, put it on my PC, and putz with it in between projects.  Once I feel like I have a grip on it, I'll do something fun.  Desperate people making 4 threads because there's not a PDF version of the manual obviously screwed up themselves by thinking they were going to download it yesterday and have the same level of proficiency today, ignoring that this really does have a new interface.  

I agree with you for the most part. To be honest I was going to download it yesterday and play with it a little when I had a chance, but not use it seriously until I'd finished my current project. Now that I've seen the current mess, I'm glad I didn't. I think most of the bugs will be sorted out by Christmas so I'll make it a little present to myself. Having said that, I really don't think that anyone is wrong to expect a PDF manual with their download!
    Mooch4056
    Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7494
    Re:Dear Cakewalk II 2010/12/09 13:27:02 (permalink)
    Dear Cakewalk, I sincerely hope that you guys keep the spirit high, despite all the negative crap being thrown around.

Right on telecaster....

there has been people screaming about better work flow. i don't know if this new GUI is going to be better becuase I have just started learning it yesterday.

Bu I have to say I would think I need a few weeks of time with it to make a soild decision on how I feel about it.

cake is trying to make work flow easier - so give it a shot AND gove it some time ....

what your used to is NOT what it is now - and some times thats a smack in the face for people  -

give it some time and a fair chance  - work with it and dig in

after you have the hours and you gave it an honest try - then if you think its awful - so be it

I have doubts on how people can give definitive opions about the program yet -

if you have made up your mind all ready - well there is nothing I can do about it - everyone is different

But i doubt you really gave it a shot -

i may not liek it in 2-4 weeks - i dunno

I've spent about 90 minutes diggin in it yesterday  - and I still cant give you an honest opion on anything other then I like the screen set feature -

thats all I know for sure that I like  -

give me a few weeks though  - I'll have both dislikes and likes and make an honest review

right now its all just a bunch of much moosh mosh - ya'll dont knwo what to think yet really do you ?

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
    Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

derFunkenstein
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 735
    Re:Dear Cakewalk II 2010/12/09 13:29:31 (permalink)
    Yeah, I dunno.  The online help in 8.5 got me through pretty much everything.  Looking at the 8.5 manual (which is in the box with my HS7 manual), it's a step-by-step on how to do everything; way too much time invested when I could search a help file and find what I need much quicker.  The manual seems to be geared towards people with no DAW experience at all, and they're better off with a book from Scott G. 

King Ben of Nopantsville
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Dear Cakewalk II 2010/12/09 13:31:20 (permalink)
    Bapu don't know what to think yet really, does he?

Fixed.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1