Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL7 Audio Button is Off ...please help

Author
Greywolf20
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2015/05/05 14:04:29 (permalink)

Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL7 Audio Button is Off ...please help

I have tried everything and cannot get my audio button to turn back on...I have Sonar Home Studio XL7..( I know it's old )...and run into this problem from time to time...but have had no luck in resolving this time...
I am using Line 6 Tone port UX2 as audio interface....( all drivers are updated and current )...and it works just fine
I have connected a new USB cable ( that didn't work ) 
Cakewalk options audio is set to ASIO 
in/outs are  checked for Line6 toneport ux2
I am using a laptop ( Toshiba ) and the sound card is working...

any thoughts on what else I can do what be appreciated 
please reply if any questions

thanks in advance....Greywolf20

6 Replies Related Threads

Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    Re: Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL7 Audio Button is Off ...please help 2015/05/05 19:17:07 (permalink)
    Back in the day with early Sonar - I think you used to be able to delete the AUD.ini file and it would re-build using defaults and re -task the Audio device and re-profile it. I'm not sure if that is a viable method with home studio - but it may be an avenue to look for with some googly research.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    BassDaddy
    Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4232
    Re: Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL7 Audio Button is Off ...please help 2015/05/07 16:34:23 (permalink)
    our Line 6 Tone Port should be your functioning sound card. Is the Tone Port your default setting in Sounds in the Control Panel? What Windows version are you on? You used to get a blank just by having your interface on a different USB in XP. Is everything set up in Preferences>drivers in HS7XL?

It's Bass, not Bass.
    i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
    Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
    Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
    soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL7 Audio Button is Off ...please help 2015/05/07 17:10:57 (permalink)
    I find occasionally that Sonar won't see my USB interface when Windows and everything else will. That's when I think maybe Sonar is just being picky or something.

If the above doesn't work, try:
    1) Close and reopen Sonar
    2) Power OFF/ON the interface
    3) Turn off WiFi and all internet connections
    4) Defrag the HDD
    5) Disable onboard sound
    6) Reboot the system
    7) Pull your hair out (omit if you have no hair)

post edited by soens - 2015/05/07 17:18:08
    Greywolf20
    Re: Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL7 Audio Button is Off ...please help 2015/05/07 22:35:26 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies....I'm using Windows Vista ...tone port is default setting for both HS7XL and on the tone port itself....the usb is plugged into the same port it's always been plugged into ....would you guys suggest at this point to maybe re-install both the Cakewalk HS7XL and Toneport UX2 ( my songs and tracks are already stored on external hard drive....i assume I can export UX2 user tones also ...haven't checked yet ) ..I really don't want to ..but I will if that's what needs to be done....
    the error I get when I press play on HS7XL is this...
    "unable to open audio record device.device may not support the current projects audio format or may be in use
    for help please visit:
    cakewalk.com/support/hardware setup/
    or contact cakewalk technical support"
    I tried opening many different projects that i've worked on in the past...and I get the same error message everytime...
    thanks again for trying to help...any suggestions ...Greywolf20
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL7 Audio Button is Off ...please help 2015/05/08 09:50:48 (permalink)
    Ensure that both SONAR and the UX are using the same sample rate and bit depth.
    Confirm that you're using Line-6's ASIO drivers and not ASIO4All.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Greywolf20
    Re: Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL7 Audio Button is Off ...please help 2015/05/11 17:03:38 (permalink)
    Just wanted to say thanks for the help...i'm back up and running...I downloaded Line6 4.2.7.1. Driver ( which was not the default current driver in line6 monkey )...and also corrected  / matched sample rate ...everything working fine now...thanks again ...there's no place else to go when a problem comes up...so the help is really appreciated ...Greywolf20
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1