Bye Bye Mia Echo???

Author
earcandy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 40
2016/02/19 15:16:44 (permalink)

Bye Bye Mia Echo???

I have had this Echo Mia card for years.  Once I went to Windows 7 it would only work in AISO? mode.  Went to Windows 10 and same deal.  I know very little about the tech part of all this and no idea at all which is the best driver mode..wdm..aiso...I know there is another option or two in driver mode but only the one will work with this Mia.  I seem to have too much latency when using VM's as well.  Tried everything I could find...shutting all other apps off etc etc..

Another note I don't know if its related or not...I recently found my VM's to be out of tune with my midi synth.  Never had that issue before.  Could be entirely another issue. I probably should have left my music PC as a Windows XP machine...was best back then.

I know an option is to wipe/reinstall with XP/reinstall...but before I do just two questions:

1.  Should I get a new card and if so it looks like USB nowadays...so which?  I only use it with Sonar for the VM's.  I may lay a vocal down every couple years.

2. Should I wipe/install Windows XP/Install Sonar and stay with the old Mia?

Jeff
Google SBComposer for my music and videos

2 Replies Related Threads

musicroom
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2421
    Re: Bye Bye Mia Echo??? 2016/02/19 15:37:51 (permalink)
    Actually, ASIO is the preferred audio driver for most. I only know of Echo products via reputation of being good except they have discontinued audio cards.

Lots of great choices if you want to switch. I like pci/pcie cards, however companies like motu and rme (others) offer very low latency audio interfaces using USB protocol.

I would need to know more to help you with trouble shooting latency issues. PC specs, type/number of plugins you may have active when recording...

Dave
    Songs

Karyn
    Ma-Ma
    • Total Posts : 9200
    Re: Bye Bye Mia Echo??? 2016/02/19 15:43:12 (permalink)
    ASIO is the recommended mode for most, if not all, audio interfaces.

You don't mention what version of Sonar you're using.

Mekashi Futo
    Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
    Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1