Sonar Producer and BFD V1.5.46 Working Together Question from 90% Newb

Author
es335dot
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/03/03 23:25:11 (permalink)

Sonar Producer and BFD V1.5.46 Working Together Question from 90% Newb

Sorry for bothering you folks with such an old product – BFD 1.5 and Sonar Producer (1st Version) but, a family member who is no longer with me, tried to learn these 2 softwares for his own songwriting needs.
BFD was bought and registered as soon as it came out as was the Sonar Producer.
I inherited these  along with a Windows 7 laptop. The laptop got hit with a ‘ransomware’ virus a couple years ago rendering it totally useless. All he could do to fix it was to throw out the internal HD as well as the dedicated HD – nobody was going to pay the $350 requested to unlock the files.
Things happened - the laptop never got fixed… until now. I bought the new replacement internal and a dedicated BFD external HD as per the manual.
 I’m taking my shot at songwriting and whilst I learn, I want the luxury of recording everything myself until I learn how this stuff works. At that time, if smitten with bedroom success, I will invest in up to date stuff.
Right now I am failing miserably so I come to you for help… if anyone is willing to give it.

Sonar Producer is working fine … it opens, allows me to set it up and away we go. Where the problem is, is I can’t insert BFD into it. Error message goes off saying it can’t find BFD audio file.
BFD is installed in it’s entirety on the external hard drive … Disks 1 & 2 plus the final upgrade V1.5.46 and BFD XFL expansion pack, all successfully installed and activated with the stock serial number.
Three times I wiped everything clean on the dedicated BFD ‘E’ drive … wasted about 5 hours loading and unloading both drives after careful scrubs so I could load to fresh space each time.

Sonar Producer is entirely on ‘C’ drive with the operating system, BFD is entirely on ‘E’ drive.
Dad had them going  really well … what I heard is what made me decide ‘I want to do this’.

Please … what am I missing to get them working together ?

1 Reply Related Threads

es335dot
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Sonar Producer and BFD V1.5.46 Working Together Question from 90% Newb 2017/03/05 13:58:06 (permalink)
    Close 'er up folks. I got my answer elsewhere. Thanks anyway.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1