Arturia AudioFuse

Author
GW
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20
2017/07/12 17:17:30 (permalink)

Arturia AudioFuse

Does anyone have an AudioFuse working with Sonar yet?  Right now I an using my M-Audio ProFire on a firewire PCI card and the WDM drivers have been great.  M-Audio stopped supporting this interface back at Win8 and the mic pre's probably don't compare to the AudioFuse.  I'm interested in the AudioFuse but I cannot get clarity on what they are saying about their drivers.  I assume they are referring to a proprietary USB driver which is a way to lower some of the latency.  My question is: what sound drivers are available to Sonar ( I assume ASIO, but are there WDM as well?) and what is the actual latency performance through to a Sonar track?

2 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: Arturia AudioFuse 2017/07/12 17:36:46 (permalink)
    Have you downloaded the Manual because it looks very much like it uses ASIO drivers which are installed when you install the AudioFuse Control Centre.

SONAR Can use any of the standard Windows Audio Drivers, ASIO. WDM/KS, WASAPI (Exclusive and Shared under Win 10) and MME.

However Cakewalk do not provide any Audio drivers they are in most cases provided by the sound-card manufacturer.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    GW
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Arturia AudioFuse 2017/07/12 18:21:35 (permalink)
    My apologies for not posting in the appropriate forum.

Wookiee: Yes, I have downloaded the manual and looked all through the Arturia site.  The manual says: "Low latency drivers on Windows are provided by Arturia and are automatically installed with the AudioFuse Control Center installer."  There is no further elaboration.
    I assume there will be ASIO drivers because that is a standard, but I'm asking this question specific to Sonar users because of Cakewalk's earlier work with Microsoft in the WDM drivers.  M-Audio was noted to have used this development at that time for their drivers.  When I operate the M-Audio WDM drivers within Sonar, the latency can be set very low.  If I switch to ASIO, I cannot get the same latency.  M-Audio no longer supports these drivers.  I tried another interface and the ASIO was about the same but the WDM did not perform well at all.  When I use Reaper, The ASIO are about the same, and the WDM do not perform as well.  I am aware that the drivers are provided buy the interface company, but obviously some are better than others, especially in the WDM standard.  When WDM works well, it works very well in Sonar.
    I was inquiring if anyone has had actual experience with this interface in Sonar specifically.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1