Lockedgeneral talk, feeling of keyboard

Author
Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4951
2010/11/01 21:01:47 (permalink)

general talk, feeling of keyboard

Hey.
I'm lucky to have experience of several different keyboards. Acoustic piano (which I consider always as a reference point, as speaking of touch response),
several midi keyboards, home organ, piano touch midi keyboard, etc. 

I'm just surprised ->

that I have a home organ from late 70's, (which I bought for 20 euros, not long a time ago) and midi keyboard from 2000 ->
I'm surprised how good the 70's home organ feels to play! Keyboard feels responsive, and not so plastic/stiff like the newer midi keyboard.

(I know, quality product is quality product, not depending on the year made.)

Do you play live, perhaps with soft-synths, and what do you think about the feeling of the keyboard ? How important is the feeling of keyboard for you and what kind of keyboard feels best for you ? General talk about the evolution of keyboard touch sensitiveness?

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:general talk, feeling of keyboard 2010/11/01 21:51:31 (permalink)
    I just bought a digital piano.  I tried a lot of them before I decided on the Casio PX-3.  it has the best feel of the ones I tried.  it sounds like crap, tho, so I run it thru my Motif for sound, but I use it for the piano feel.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:general talk, feeling of keyboard 2010/11/01 22:39:05 (permalink)
    I'm a synth kid , grew up with dx7 / m1 /  juno 106 / jd 800's etc (didn't own any keys).. so proper weighted keys are a bit alien to me.. to someone like Janet.. who uses real pianos.. well that's maybe alien to her.

a bit of velocity editing on the midi front and a sustain pedal helps heaps to get that sound , and a loose quantise.

remember the build quality of things back way back is a lot better sometimes.. vs the cost.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1