generally helping with problems

Author
mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
2011/01/02 08:40:45 (permalink)

generally helping with problems

Its so weird.

In past years I've been one of those who's system just seemed to take to SONAR and everything worked pretty much as advertised - that is apart form those generally acknowledged bugs of course.

The thing is that I stuck around day after day post after post and tried to help people trouble shoot their problems.

I jsut finished reading a thread from a feloow forumiote whos going away for athe next year because he's figured that if his system is working and so many are complaining then either he must be mad or or the complainers are.
With issues I've had this year I have not had one single offer of advice on how I might trouble shoot the problem or what might be the cause. Nothing, nada - zip.

Its interesting. On my system which currently works with all variants of SONAR 8 & 8.5 there is no logical reason why I should be having problems with X1a if so many users are not having any problems. What's the problem. I suspect that most users don't push their systems so they don't comeup against the problems. Maybe that's why I''ve not encountered problems myself with past versions. As I said I am deliberately pushing SONAR to the limit with what it should be able to do and its falling way short. I'm actually examining the program at a much deeper level than I ever have any previous version of SONAR. Why; because out of the box it came with little broken bots all over the place.

As for the forum:
This year its become oldies versus newbies and quite often, frequent posters versus infrequent posters.

the forums gotten as useless as the program - my friends excluded.
there are so many infrequent posters creating useless noise with not one helpful suggestion between them. All they are doing is demonising those who complain, interjecting needlessly, and worst of all demeaning folks just for having and expressing an opinion.

Makes one question; why stick around at all?

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.

2 Replies Related Threads

HumbleNoise
    Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2946
    Re:generally helping with problems 2011/01/02 09:59:56 (permalink)
    I visit the forum irregularly and try to help where and when I can and I'm really surprised as well as to the general tenor of the forum. Not sure what the phenom is but it's very real and hard to say what if anything will bring it back to the purpose it was intended for.

Takes a strong will and a lot of self control to sort through the chaff.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
    MAudio 2496
    Yamaha MG 12/4
    Roland XV-88
    Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
    NVidia 9800 GTX
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re:generally helping with problems 2011/01/02 12:38:18 (permalink)
    Things are still fine over in the old-guys' forum, mudgel. Whining and insults are minimal, most threads are legitimate questions and most responses are sincere attempts to be helpful. C'mon back, we're serving canapes and tea.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1