glitches in playback and in burn

Author
jafels
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2005/08/15 19:30:00 (permalink)

glitches in playback and in burn

Hey I have created a drum track in home studio and sometimes during playback it glitches....this does'nt really bother me...but it also puts glitches on CD's I burn......how do I fix this or is just a matter of my computer sucks (it does). Any help is greatly appreciated...thanx...Jeff

9 Replies Related Threads

YoungNDetermined
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/15 21:50:43 (permalink)
    It will glich if ur comp sucks, I know this because I have the same problem when I try to play a porject with to many effects going on, but when I export, it plays fine. Does it glich after u export and play it on wmp???
    jafels
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/15 22:34:49 (permalink)
    yeah it glitches after I export.....I export and then burn to a disc so I can import into my console recorder....I play the burned disc and it still has a glitch in it......I went back and checked my drum part to make it sure it was not one of my splices and the track is fine....I got one version burned where the glitch is almost inaudible...so I guess I'll go with it....hopefully won't be able to hear it when the rest of the instrumentation is added
    papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/16 01:39:10 (permalink)
    how do I fix this or is just a matter of my computer sucks (it does). Any help is greatly appreciated...

We can't offer ANY help until we know just how badly your computer sucks!

In other words, provide detailed specs on your system...

What version of Home Studio?
    What kind of computer do you have?
    What CPU is running your computer and at what speed?
    How much RAM do you have?
    What sound card are you using?
    Are you using an external mixing device?
    How did you create the drum tracks?
    What CD burning software are you using?

Get the picture?

We need lots of pertinent info to try to provide a specific solution that might work...

Regards,
    Papa

Regards,
    Papa
    daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/16 12:10:28 (permalink)
    Oh, really? I thought all computers and soundcards were the same. You mean there's a difference between the soundcard that came with my computer and one of those fancy ones with all the holes in them that cost so much money? The guy that sold me the computer told me it could play CD-quality music.

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    papa2004
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/16 12:41:59 (permalink)
    Feeling a bit "spunky" this morning, are we?

Regards,
    Papa

Regards,
    Papa
    daveny5
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/16 17:17:53 (permalink)
    Just having some fun!

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    jafels
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/16 23:40:24 (permalink)
    Yes I'm well aware that all computers are not the same which would be the reason that I mentioned my computer sucks......that being said it really does suck...I'm using the integrated sound card that came with the computer five years ago, less than a gig on the cpu speed, 330meg of ram, I use express burn for burning cd's, I use home studio 2, I use no external mixing device..........all I'm doing is taking drums on demand loop samples and piecing them together into a drum track....I then burn that to cd, import into my yamaha aw16g and record the rest of the song over the drum track.....right now I have one small glitch on my drum track and it is in the same place every time. I redid the part to make sure it was not something in the track itself.....It plays glitch free on playback most of the time.....It just decides to make a small cut out sort of glitch on the CD I burn which really screws up a tune.........I'll keep messing with it until I get it...but is there something I could be doing with what I got to make things a little easier on myself or am I screwed by lacking hardware......Jeff
    papa2004
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/17 00:19:22 (permalink)
    I'll keep messing with it until I get it...but is there something I could be doing with what I got to make things a little easier on myself or am I screwed by lacking hardware......

You could try adding more RAM...You need a minimum of 512kb RAM to get decent performance from HS. "...less than a gig on the cpu speed..." tells me nothing but I suspect, since your computer is 5 years old, it's probably 533MHz which isn't fast enough to keep up with HS...Additionally, since your computer is 5 years old, not only does your computer suck but the integrated sound card does, as well...

Bottom line: You really need a new computer.

Regards,
    Papa

Regards,
    Papa
    daveny5
    RE: glitches in playback and in burn 2005/08/17 08:50:54 (permalink)
    Well, is the "glitch" at a point where you made an edit? If so, make sure you have the Snap to Zero Crossing option selected in the Snap To... dialog. If you edit audio at any point besides where the waveform crosses the zero line, you will invariably get a click.

Dave
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1