gtp4 v creator 6

Author
rocko
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2012/12/02 12:23:39 (permalink)

gtp4 v creator 6

hi i hav gtp4 at moment . i am gettin new computer and was thinking of getting music creator 6 .....will i need new stuido instruments ????? thanx

3 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:gtp4 v creator 6 2012/12/04 07:47:49 (permalink)
    No.
    Your Cakewalk license allows you to have the software installed on more than one machine provided you only use one at a time.
    You will be prompted to register it on the new computer.
    Don't try to register it again. It can only be registered once.
    Use the registration code you already have (available in your account at the Cakewalk Store).

You might also want to consider X2 Essential instead of MC6.
    MC6 will be somewhat limited compared to what you have now.
    For just a bit more money, X2E offers a lot more bang for the buck.
    As a registered customer, you can download X2E for $79, vs $49 for MC6.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:gtp4 v creator 6 2012/12/04 11:07:06 (permalink)
    Hi Kieran

I agree 100% with Robert here - SONAR X2 Essentials is a great program giving tremendous value for money (the included Sonitus effects suite is argueably worth that on its own), and a worthy upgrade frpm GTP3. It's loosely based on Cakewalk's previous SONAR Home Studio range which was, by many, considered to be an intermediate step-up between Cakewalk's entry-level programs like Guitar Tracks and Music Creator, and it's more advanced SONAR Producer & Studio products.

I speak from experience here (as does Robert) having progressed from Guitar Tracks (2, 2Pro & 3Pro) via Home Studio (6XL & 7XL) on up to SONAR Studio (8) and finallly to SONAR Producer (8, 8.5, X1 and now X2).

The learning curve is steep, but by advancing one stage at a time it does make progress seem a little easier, and you do get to actually learn how to master the techniques properly instead of going straight in at the deep end and being completely perplexed by the sheer number of tools available.

I know Robert cites Home Studio 4 as one of his favourite programs, and I always refer similarly to HS6, where (with the help of guys like Robert and others) I finally 'got' the concept of MIDI and learned to use it intuitively and with confidence. If I'd gone straight from GTP3 to SONAR I doubt the transition would have been so smooth on many levels.

Click HERE to see details of X2 Essential.

Click on the View Detailed Comparision Chart link on THIS PAGE to download PDF.

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2012/12/04 11:17:24

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

rocko
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re:gtp4 v creator 6 2012/12/04 14:43:52 (permalink)
    THANX GUYS i hav my new computer i5 ect...all i want to do is create backing tracks for my 2 peice band using midi files please advicse me on the best way 2 do this ....and can i i was using gtp4 2 do this edit through a yamaha keyboard sounds but i also add guitars through ux2 interface ......also  cant seem to reinstall gpt4 on my new computer thanx again .....
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1