guitar and flute,mixed by Jonas Aras.

Author
kev11111111111111
Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1772
2011/10/12 12:11:50 (permalink)

guitar and flute,mixed by Jonas Aras.

Hi !
A member on the forum sent me a mail the other day saying he liked the flute piece and would bring the sound up,give it some depth etc. He's done a fantastic job !!!  Big thank you Jonas Aras :) Here it is a link to his work should you ever need a pro to help you bring your mixes up a notch...   http://www.audiorecordingandservices.com/
Please click my link to hear the new version ! The FINAL version !!!!!

Cheers

K

post edited by kev11111111111111 - 2011/10/13 11:44:40

19 Replies Related Threads

Rus W
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 541
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/12 23:24:33 (permalink)
    Well done!

iBM (Color of Music) MCS (Digital Orchestration)  

"The Amateur works until he (or she) gets it right. The professional works until he (or she) can't get it wrong." - Julie Andrews

kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 03:40:00 (permalink)
    Rus W

Well done!

cheers man !
    Rus W
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 04:00:22 (permalink)
    kev11111111111111

Rus W

Well done!

cheers man !
    I'll drink to that! Yeah, yeah!!

"The Amateur works until he (or she) gets it right. The professional works until he (or she) can't get it wrong." - Julie Andrews

kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 04:18:04 (permalink)
    Rus W

kev11111111111111

Rus W

Well done!

cheers man !

:) I'm going to listen to the links you posted last night.So this track is a cover ??!!!! lol !!!! I didn't realise,I thought it was yours ! Let me a grab a coffee and I'll give it a go,
    Kev
    Rus W
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 04:25:38 (permalink)
    kev11111111111111

Rus W

kev11111111111111

Rus W

Well done!

cheers man !

:) I'm going to listen to the links you posted last night.So this track is a cover ??!!!! lol !!!! I didn't realise,I thought it was yours ! Let me a grab a coffee and I'll give it a go,
    Kev

Um, no, it is an arrangement, Distinctive difference between the two. A cover while of a different arrangement doesn't tail of from the original in any way. An arrangement, however. Can be as close or far away from its origin. Listen to both " ... Flowers" tracks and the difference could be any more clear. 

But no, I don't own the original works. That is not an Arranger perk.

I'll upload another one soon.

kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 04:37:27 (permalink)
    Rus W

kev11111111111111

Rus W

kev11111111111111

Rus W

Well done!

cheers man !

Kev

Um, no, it is an arrangement, Distinctive difference between the two. A cover while of a different arrangement doesn't tail of from the original in any way. An arrangement, however. Can be as close or far away from its origin. Listen to both " ... Flowers" tracks and the difference could be any more clear. 

But no, I don't own the original works. That is not an Arranger perk.

I'll upload another one soon.
    HA !!!!!!!!! I didn't expect to hear that at all ! Yep u've done a nice interpretation !!!! Lol I understand now,no wonder u were quick to point out it was an arrangement,not a cover,I would of done the same.Anyway great work man ! I saw the video too.
    Cute :)
    K

post edited by kev11111111111111 - 2011/10/13 04:43:53
    Rus W
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 04:50:25 (permalink)
    ^ Wikipedia, put it like this:

"Arranging is the art of giving an existing melody musical variety" aka - different flavor, tone, mood, timbre (color), etc.

Giving the original work a twist. (I didn't expect that) I think I'll be hearing that alot from you! 

And thanks. There will be more interpretations forthcoming

About the video, I just clicked the first thing available. I'm sure there are snippets of that portion of the ballet on Youtube somewhere. You have seen that play, have you not. And you'll laugh, but I got the idea from watching Little Einsteins and that piece was "The music of the day." Of course, I went to hear the actual song and went from there.
    post edited by Rus W - 2011/10/13 04:54:14

kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 07:07:45 (permalink)
    Rus W

"Arranging is the art of giving an existing melody musical variety" aka - different flavor, tone, mood, timbre (color), etc.

Giving the original work a twist. (I didn't expect that) I think I'll be hearing that alot from you! 

About the video, I just clicked the first thing available. I'm sure there are snippets of that portion of the ballet on Youtube somewhere. You have seen that play, have you not. And you'll laugh, but I got the idea from watching Little Einsteins and that piece was "The music of the day." Of course, I went to hear the actual song and went from there.

so thats wilk's defination of arranging eh.I would put it like this

'ballbreaking to learn properly,many tears,possible drug dependancy at some point,and an unhappy 'femme' if you are unsuccesful at bringing back the bread for the table.......but sometimes you get a piece 'just right' and none of the above matters anymore -  !!! I'm sure you know what I mean :)

I said cover in the last post because I didn't recall hearing the original.Anyway good job,whatever you want to call it :)

K

Rus W
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 07:15:25 (permalink)
    kev11111111111111

Rus W

so thats wilk's defination of arranging eh.I would put it like this

'ballbreaking to learn properly,many tears,possible drug dependancy at some point,and an unhappy 'femme' if you are unsuccesful at bringing back the bread for the table.......but sometimes you get a piece 'just right' and none of the above matters anymore -  !!! I'm sure you know what I mean :)

I said cover in the last post because I didn't recall hearing the original.Anyway good job,whatever you want to call it :)

K

Yeah, I know what you mean, but even that touches a whole new level. Whoa! Really? At least until you saw the YT link. I'm sure not everyone knows of the ballet or the composer who wrote for it, but it is pretty darn famous! Then again, there are lots of famous things, people and places that not everyone knows about.

Thanks for turning this into a philosophical thread. 

kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 07:26:55 (permalink)
    The original is powerful stuff,I really enjoyed listening to it :) My girfriend knew it was famous (shes just told me),well its great eh,you find new music everyday :) I wonder if people will drop by and listen to my track.Maybe we are scaring them of with our philosphical rambling ;( Wanna talk about TV instead ?
    K
    Rus W
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 07:39:28 (permalink)
    kev11111111111111

The original is powerful stuff,I really enjoyed listening to it :) My girfriend knew it was famous (shes just told me),well its great eh,you find new music everyday :) I wonder if people will drop by and listen to my track.Maybe we are scaring them of with our philosphical rambling ;( Wanna talk about TV instead ?
    K

I don't think it's that, but I do have a question for you? I'm not sure if a flute spot is open, but do you know of any concert harpists? I've got two maybe three, but definitelt to where it's the signature instrument. It was on the Blossoms track you heard and one the one I'm doing now. The pieces are really hard, but not impossible.

I really think the performer will like the second piece! (I so wanna put the demo up, but it's not quite right yet)

Not to harp on anything, but did I mention that it's my favorite instrument (at least writing for anyway)

Do you have a particular favorite? (makes no difference if you play it or not)

kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 09:07:39 (permalink)
    Rus W

kev11111111111111

K

I don't think it's that, but I do have a question for you? I'm not sure if a flute spot is open, but do you know of any concert harpists? I've got two maybe three, but definitelt to where it's the signature instrument. It was on the Blossoms track you heard and one the one I'm doing now. The pieces are really hard, but not impossible.

I really think the performer will like the second piece! (I so wanna put the demo up, but it's not quite right yet)

Not to harp on anything, but did I mention that it's my favorite instrument (at least writing for anyway)

hey !
    I don't know any harpists :( But I did see an ad recently for a band that were looking for one.You can email them and ask them if they found one ?! Here the link http://paris.fr.craigslist.fr/muc/ Its about half way down the page ! There will be harp players living here for sure (paris),as ever its finding where they are :) Conservatoires would be a safe bet,and amateur / professional orchestras. I'm starting to network with the music uni near me,so I find one I will let you know ok !
    I just reread your post.Lol you have three already ?! Why do you need another one ? I'm very curious to hear what you will be writing for these parts :) Send me some files if you can,I would love to hear your ideas ! I'll send you my email if you want.
    My favorite instrument ? Thats a tough one :) At the moment it is the flute,because I have access to it,and it is the first time I've experienced writing for it - I've wrote flute parts before,but it was not until meeting the flutist that I started to pick up on what the instrument is really about. It 's so agile and quick for a start !!!!! she showed me one tango piece for the flute by Astor Plazzolia - its 135bpm (quater notes) In one passage there is a grouping of nine notes lasting one beat !!!!! For me this would be impossible on the guitar,but for her the flute has no problem dealing with speed.So the flute is my favorite at the minute,I like its lightness,its agility,but also its contrasts in register.The first octave seems quite dark and subdued - quite mysterious !!! Which I love.And ofcourse then it becomes sweeter,so I like this contrast a lot :) In the past I wrote once for trombone :) I like writing for this instrument and making it sound wacky and boisterous - prob also a favorite !
    Better get some work done :)
    Kev

morenoise
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 13:33:03 (permalink)
    Hi Kev, great little piece ; ). Lovely sounds , could listen to this for hours. Please post more.

Rik
    kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/13 13:50:26 (permalink)
    morenoise

Hi Kev, great little piece ; ). Lovely sounds , could listen to this for hours. Please post more.

Rik

cheers Rik,
    Enjoying writing this of stuff at the minute..I'll keep you posted :)
    K

Rus W
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/16 16:13:37 (permalink)
    kev11111111111111

Rus W

kev11111111111111

K

hey !
    I don't know any harpists :( But I did see an ad recently for a band that were looking for one.You can email them and ask them if they found one ?! Here the link http://paris.fr.craigslist.fr/muc/ Its about half way down the page ! There will be harp players living here for sure (paris),as ever its finding where they are :) Conservatoires would be a safe bet,and amateur / professional orchestras. I'm starting to network with the music uni near me,so I find one I will let you know ok ! 

I just reread your post.Lol you have three already ?! Why do you need another one ? I'm very curious to hear what you will be writing for these parts :) Send me some files if you can,I would love to hear your ideas ! I'll send you my email if you want.
    My favorite instrument ? Thats a tough one :) At the moment it is the flute,because I have access to it,and it is the first time I've experienced writing for it - I've wrote flute parts before,but it was not until meeting the flutist that I started to pick up on what the instrument is really about. It 's so agile and quick for a start !!!!! she showed me one tango piece for the flute by Astor Plazzolia - its 135bpm (quater notes) In one passage there is a grouping of nine notes lasting one beat !!!!! For me this would be impossible on the guitar,but for her the flute has no problem dealing with speed.So the flute is my favorite at the minute,I like its lightness,its agility,but also its contrasts in register.The first octave seems quite dark and subdued - quite mysterious !!! Which I love.And ofcourse then it becomes sweeter,so I like this contrast a lot :) In the past I wrote once for trombone :) I like writing for this instrument and making it sound wacky and boisterous - prob also a favorite !
    Better get some work done :)
    Kev

I just might take you up on that although I'm getting audition applicants on MCS. Nothing has happened yet as members are still downloading. Well, I may not need three harps, but definitely two. Check the ReverbNation link as I have put that song demo. I've got her doing things that will shock people and perhaps the performers. (aka - it's a range thing) Most are accustomed to the harp going from somewhat low to very high. In the second piece, let's just say - she likes doing the "limbo." It'll make sense, if I plan to do a two harp arrangement. (I'm gonna need some serious help with scoring it though. It'll have a bucketload of indicators as I said it's very hard material. Having two harps will simplify it and make the primary harpist's performance a little less strenuous (and on the composer score wise - maybe.) Either way, they'll be the ones driving the piece. They'll certainly be going places, too. (Get it?)

Well, I hope you know it's in the Harp-driven pieces as well. Sounds interesting regarding the trombone. So, you do compose music as well. I see many Harp + Flute pieces in our future! 

Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/16 17:15:21 (permalink)
    I agree with Rik...this is beautiful and so relaxing.  I didn't hear the first version, but I'm sure Jonas took it up a notch or two.  I love it when guys help me like that.  :)  Nice job! 
    kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/17 04:49:21 (permalink)
    Janet

I agree with Rik...this is beautiful and so relaxing.  I didn't hear the first version, but I'm sure Jonas took it up a notch or two.  I love it when guys help me like that.  :)  Nice job! 

Hi Janet,

Thanks,I'm glad you liked it ! I will be writing more very soon :) Yep Jonas did a great job,this mix is much louder,more cleaner...much better :) He did a super job !
    Kev

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/17 05:03:18 (permalink)
    mastered version sounds great, kev.

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    kev11111111111111
    Re:guitar and flute,mixed by a pro 2011/10/17 07:00:14 (permalink)
    mgh

mastered version sounds great, kev.

cheers  man :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1