• Total Posts : 4
2007/11/21 18:45:04 (permalink)

help!!!!

hi, im from venezuela, so m english is not perfect.... i have a laptop computer

acer aspire 3690

celeron m 440 1.86ghz
512 ddr2 533
120gb hdd

i want to know if i can record electric guitar with this configuration... also i want to buy 1gb ddr2 533, an external hard drive for audio only, and the M-AUDIO JAM LAB...

im just starting in this world, so i dont need an amazing computer.....

which software do you recomendme for recording???????.... and which audio interface??????

i hope you can understand my english....

2 Replies Related Threads

dantesjuice
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 364
    RE: help!!!! 2007/11/21 19:06:28 (permalink)
    Maybe something like the Sonar power studio 250 would be a good start.

since your laptop dosent have a very fast processor, your going to be limited on the hardware and software that you can run.

it is a very good idea that your getting more memory and a seperate hard drive, but the celeron processor isnt really the "ideal" processor to be used for recording due to the limited cache and processing speed.

but the Sonar power studio comes with the guitar interface(sound card) and comes with the Sonar recording software =) This device connects using USB wich should be good on the slow computer. or you could spend some more money and get the firewire version (power studio 660), buts thats only if your lap top supports firewire connection.

This should totally get you on your way to recording and making music =)
    post edited by dantesjuice - 2007/11/21 19:20:01

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions..."

S6PE | DFH 2 | Reason 3 | Vetta II | PodXTPro | Behringer T1951 | BBE 482 | Nady TMP3 | Presonus Firepod |
    Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus | Intel PD 3.2 | 4 gig PE 800 | WD sata2

www.dantesjuice.com
    yep
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4057
    RE: help!!!! 2007/11/21 19:11:40 (permalink)
    The M-Audio Jamlab comes with an interface, so you can plug in your guitar, and some basic recording software and pretty cool guitar effects.

I would start with that. I think you will be very happy with the Jamlab for the price.

When your recording needs get a little more complex you can check out a full-blown recording program such as cakewalk's Home Studio, Guitar Tracks, or Sonar.

In addition to cakewalk's excellent products in all price ranges, you may want to take a look at Reaper, which is a shareware recording program that is both inexpensive and fairly easy to use. All of this type of software has demos available, so try them out and see which ones you like before you buy.

Cheers.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1