help please

Author
WOODY B
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/06/10 19:24:44 (permalink)

help please

I am new to cakewalk pro 24 I have played around and have been able to find genral midi crap guitar sounds using soundfont is there any plugins that have more realistic instruments drums,bass ,guitar,ect or do I just give up and record live to achieve the real guitar sound .I am using a m-audio midi controler

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: help please 2006/06/10 19:33:40 (permalink)
    Generally, I don't like guitar samples. I can never get them to sound like a guitar. But others can with DimPro, so .... (there was some really nice stuff at the Cake tour).

Sometimes I use slayer, which is really nice - even I can make guitar sounds with it. It is part of FL Studio, too.

But if you are more of a guitarist rather than a keyboard player, I'd just record my guitar. I mean, why not? (OK, I can think of some reasons, but none that stand up).

hope that helps.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: help please 2006/06/11 09:50:59 (permalink)
    You could record your guitar playing into the machine then create loops from its patterns and then use the loops as audio samples to be triggered in the P5 groove matrix or Cyclone DXi or triggered from a sample player or....This gives you MIDI control with authentic sound.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1