help running sonar when audio interface is clocked to a master sync generator

Author
photoresistor
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2005/06/14 21:06:57 (permalink)

help running sonar when audio interface is clocked to a master sync generator

hello guys,

ive been using sonar 4 studio for awhile now and i love it... ive had good success running it with my aardvark q10 interface.

however i recently acquired a lucid ssg192 studio sync generator and i cant get sonar 4 to record or playback when i have the aardvark q10 synced to the lucid master clock. i have the lucid set to be the master clock at 96k and i have the aardvark set to 'wc 96'. also i have sonar 4 set to 96k and 24bit but it won't playback or record.

do i need to change the settings in the 'sync' panel? ive read the manual and the section about it in sonar 4 power but i still dont understand.

if you guys have any ideas or whatnot thatd be awesome

thanks

dan

2 Replies Related Threads

Stone House Studios
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3550
    RE: help running sonar when audio interface is clocked to a master sync generator 2005/06/14 22:13:43 (permalink)
    Seems to me I recall that Sonar has to be the master for audio recording.
    Researching...Researching......

Brian

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
    Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
    ooblecaboodle
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2102
    RE: help running sonar when audio interface is clocked to a master sync generator 2005/06/15 09:49:54 (permalink)
    no, sonar is prefectly happy syncing to wordclock or digital signals. if you open up the sonar Sync toolbar (right click on empty toolbar space, then choose it) there should be an option to sync to...

midi clock
    internal (pc clock)
    SMPTE
    Audio.

You shoucl choose Audio, so that the software takes it's sync from the aardvark.

In the aardvark control panel, there should be some indication as to whether it has managed to "lock" to the wordclock input. If this doesn't happen, then check your cabling.
    Also, Just in case the lucid has various output formats (I use a smartlock, with a variety of sync formats) check that you are in fact connecting to the word clock output, and not the video clock. Also check that the specific output you are using is set to 96K, as I said, some clocks have various outputs.
    Also, be sure that you haven't selected 'superclock' (PT format) or have any +/-1% switches enabled.
    hope this helps.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1