help:my pryo audio creator won't work

Author
dannynadeau
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2008/10/25 20:00:43 (permalink)

help:my pryo audio creator won't work

I have windows vista. None of my original music which is all done in the formal mpeg4 will not enter into the cd ripper or encoder or any of this software. I've tried about everything I know how and all I get are error messages. What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: help:my pryo audio creator won't work 2008/10/25 20:40:47 (permalink)
    Maybe because pyro doesn't burn mp4s to CD. Try CD audio or mp3s. And try the right forum, too. You're likely to get a quicker and more accurate response.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    ascottdesign
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 957
    RE: help:my pryo audio creator won't work 2008/11/22 17:56:14 (permalink)
    CakeMaker
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    RE: help:my pryo audio creator won't work 2008/11/27 13:53:10 (permalink)
    Danny-

Yea, sorry to say that i believe AT is correct and u may be outta luck on this issue. I really doubt that AC (AudioCreator) works (or will work) with MP4's. I copied / pasted this off of a page under the description for Audio Creator:

Supports MP3, FLAC, WMA, WAV, AIFF

MP4's basically are much more concerned with video than audio, and that is likely the reason why they are not supported. In a cursory search to find a quick explanation, i found this nice lil synopsis on "broadbandinfo.com" that may be helpful:

What is an MP4?
    Just like MP3s work by compressing music and audio files without affecting the audio quality (too much), MP4 files are compressed video files. MP4 is also known as MPEG-4 AVC, or advanced video coding. This new technology is going to make video files decrease in size so that they are easier to work with and support. What used to be massive video files of motion and audio are now compressed versions of the same material, called MP4s.

Danny, there is also this 1.5 maintenance update, although this doesn't solve the issue, it's a good idea to update the app anyway.

http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/kb200808071.asp

Hope this helps a little bit,

CakeMaker
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1