home theater help

Author
pooskie
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 313
2008/10/24 13:19:29 (permalink)

home theater help

I just ugraded my tv to a new Vizio 47" lcd and am connecting my suround sound system so I can watch tv through the system. My cable box has two sets of rca audio outs so I ran one set to the tv and the other to the ss system, but there is a delay between them so I can't turn the tv up as a center channel. I even tried using just one set of audio outs with a spliter run to each and the delay was still there. Anyone else experienced this? I don't get it.

3 Replies Related Threads

wogg
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1819
    RE: home theater help 2008/10/24 15:08:32 (permalink)
    If you're connected to the TV with HDMI it's probably getting the audio from that rather than the analog RCA connection, hence the delay. If your TV has RCA audio outputs, use them for your stereo.

Preferably, I would use the digital audio output from the cable box to the receiver so you could actually have 5.1 audio when available

Homepage:
    The World of Wogg

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: home theater help 2008/10/24 16:05:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wogg

If you're connected to the TV with HDMI it's probably getting the audio from that rather than the analog RCA connection, hence the delay. If your TV has RCA audio outputs, use them for your stereo.

Preferably, I would use the digital audio output from the cable box to the receiver so you could actually have 5.1 audio when available

Be aware that some TV analog audio outs do not work when viewing an over the air channel via the digital tuner. I found out the hard way both my old LG plasma and new LG plasma are that way. The audio outs only work for analog inputs and the NTSC tuner. Bummer.

Any type of processing like from digital to analog or from surround to two stereo does take time so they will never be in sync. Your best bet is to use the audio out of the TV for the stereo if it has one and it works with your source.
    pooskie
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 313
    RE: home theater help 2008/10/25 10:09:12 (permalink)
    thanks guys, looks like I'm not going to get it perfect with my current setup but maybe a new surround system is in my future (my current older one doesn't even have a digital audio input) oh well
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1