i dont hear any sounds from music creator 2!

Author
djnard
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2005/09/11 09:00:32 (permalink)

i dont hear any sounds from music creator 2!

i have installed music creator 2...
but i dont hear any sounds playing when i play a midi!
yes..i was asked about midi output....but what should i do?
which one must i have that i am able to listen the sound?

2 Replies Related Threads

Dahoyters
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31
    RE: i dont hear any sounds from music creator 2! 2005/09/11 11:07:13 (permalink)
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.asp?m=587955

Robomusic:

Now for audio, midi playback and recording setup. Open the program it will usually run the wave profiler for you the first time you open it. You will get two pop ups to start with first a Tip of the day box will display, if you want you can scan thru a few of those, when done close it then a project box will display, close that also. Go to the top of the screen and find options, left click that and a box will appear, find audio click that and another box will display it has several tabs at the top the first is “general”, you will see two thin boxes that are named playback and record wave devices, they should contain the name of your sound card, if it does not then run the wave profiler again to see if it adds it. Once that is right set the buffer slider to around the middle to start with that will save another problem later. Go to the advanced tab and check the box “Always use the MME interface even when WDM drivers are available” this will force the system to use the older windows MME drivers just incase your sound card does not support the newer WDM drivers, and will give you another option for midi playback. Now go to the input monitoring tab and un-highlight anything in the large white box, proceed to the drivers and driver profile tabs and make sure that your sound card is listed there as well, click okay and go back to options/midi devices, here a box will display that has two side one for midi input and the other for output, if using a midi keyboard you will need to highlight the input that the keyboard is plugged into, for out put if your sound card has it’s own midi synth chip you can highlight that, if not highlight Microsoft synth GS, that is an internal synth chip that will playback midi. DO NOT highlight Midi Mapper, it does not play sounds. Now the program should reproduce both midi playback and wave file output.
    post edited by Dahoyters - 2005/09/11 11:14:44
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: i dont hear any sounds from music creator 2! 2005/09/11 11:49:17 (permalink)
    I also have an output called 'MIDI UART'. or something like that, which plays the sounds through my keyboard instead of the sound card.
    What kind of keyboard are you using? I've seen posts from some folks who are using a MIDI controller, not knowing that they don't make sounds. In that case, you have to use the sound card. Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1