interface with sonar help

Author
Oasisman63
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 44
2005/06/04 11:51:41 (permalink)

interface with sonar help

Im getting sonar 4 soon (what sold me was simply unlimited tracks which I need for my purpose) but am having real trouble figuring out what interface to go with, with my needs....Here are my needs

-An interface that can record at at least 24/96 but I wouldnt mind having one that could go up too 24/192

-An interface with at least 8 XLR inputs with phantom power capabilitie....I will be micing drums with 8 microphones so this is the least I will need....The other insturments I will obviously not need as many.....I dont understand why more of the interfaces dont come with at least 8 of the xlr inputs....Most people when the record things go through microphones instead of direct....

-An interface with firewire capability

I first thought I would get that big Mackie Onyx 1640 mixer/firewire connector until I found out all the EQ and fades were "pre" so none of the signals I could really work with before going in the computer...So it was just a really expensive interface for me...

I thought second about getting the presonus firewire interface since It had 8 XLR inputs with phantom power, records at 24/96 k and does firewire...This looked perfect to me especiallyat 500 dollars...I could expand to 16 if I wanted too also and by just getting another one....I was talked against it though because the presonus unit has had a lot of problems with both hardware and software and are built cheap....

So Im not sure where to turn now....I was checking out the MOTU 896HD FireWire Audio Interface...This seemed to be a good choice which I could get for about 900.....Let me know what you think...Thank you

-Brian

2 Replies Related Threads

BruceEnnis
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1665
    RE: interface with sonar help 2005/06/04 16:37:41 (permalink)
    You could also look into the Tascam FW-1884 it has 8 XLR inputs and will allow you to connect another 8 via ADAT interface.

Bruce Ennis
    Studio
    pharoah
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 115
    RE: interface with sonar help 2005/06/04 20:27:57 (permalink)
    I've had nothing but good luck and smooth operation with my MOTU,it's worth the cash!...later
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1