issues with Rapture Pro on Win 7

Author
Walt Collins
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1054
2015/04/29 10:19:47 (permalink)

issues with Rapture Pro on Win 7

I installed Rapture Pro yesterday and am having quite a few minor issues.  I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit, and installed the 64-bit version of Rapture Pro.  I did not select the C: drive for the content data installation as all my studio software goes onto the very large D: drive (which is a standard 1 TB hard disk), and not my relatively small C: drive (which is a SSD).

1. Command center still shows the "Rapture Pro (Win)" line with a red dot, not green, although all 12 of the content packs are showing green.  I did "Install All" a 2nd time, redoing the entire install.  Still red.

2. Rapture Pro Log files are being forced to "C:\Cakewalk Content\Logs\rap2-log-apr29.txt", even though that folder didn't even exist before.  My install was pointed at "D:\extra\Cakewalk Content".  Why aren't the logs going there?

3. I had a few content packs installed in Rapture prior to installing Rapture Pro, including the Rapture pack by Muz3um, which I downloaded from patcharena.com.  None of the Muz3um patches will load at all in Rapture Pro (they still work great in Rapture).  For some reason it seems to be looking for an F: drive, which I've never had on my system.  Perhaps this is the default folder where the pack producers had their files, and that got embedded into the patches?  Here is a hopefully relevant section from the Log:
08:27:14 [ D:\extra\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture (legacy)\Muz3um\Basses\Alisa - 1387.prog ] Loading Program
08:27:14 [ D:\extra\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture (legacy)\Muz3um\Basses\Alisa - 1387.prog ] Loading Legacy Program. (Program format version 10014)
08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] reading .sfz file...
08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] loading f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav
08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] load failed, trying sample pool path: D:\extra\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Sample Pool\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav
08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] load failed, trying SFZ path: \fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav
08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] trying flac: f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.flac
08:27:14 (!) [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] ERROR: unable to load
08:27:14 [ ] done loading legacy program

4. Modulation wheel doesn't seem to work at all for some patches.  For example: in the Hardgroove Steinberger pack, "Steinberger MW Wah" seems to ignore the modulation, but strangely other patches in that same pack do work fine.  Even more strangely, that specific patch works perfectly in legacy Rapture, including modulation.

Walt Collins - Downtempo & Ambient
Bandcamp: https://waltcollins.bandcamp.com (FREE downloads),  SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/arcanor
blog: "Seeking Enlightenment Through Electronic Music" - http://waltcollins.com/music
I use Ableton, NI, AAS, Arturia, Spectrasonics, Cakewalk, Akai, Yamaha, Fender, Sony, Waves
Windows 10, Tannoy, KRK, dbx DriveRack

3 Replies Related Threads

musicmanrdu
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 292
    Re: issues with Rapture Pro on Win 7 2015/04/29 10:48:33 (permalink)
    I'm having issues with sounds not playing as well. The Muz3um folder was not even installed in the Rapture Pro multisamples folder. I had to manually copy it from my Rapture multisamples folder into the Rapture Pro multisamples folder (I had to do the same for all of the DSF sound packs). After this I was able to hear something. Still, there are random sounds that won't play, for example: FG Chip-Tune, FG Chunk, FG DirtNap, FG Kitchen Sync and random others from the Rapture Expansion Pack 2 collection. I can't figure out what is going on with these. Cakewalk, please get stuff right before releasing!!!!!!

Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 64-bit, MOTU Traveler, Core i7-3770,  8 GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 240 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (OS drive), 240 GB Samsung 840 series (sample drive). Facebook
    Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 395
    Re: issues with Rapture Pro on Win 7 2015/04/29 12:22:01 (permalink)
    Waltenstein Studios

1. Command center still shows the "Rapture Pro (Win)" line with a red dot, not green, although all 12 of the content packs are showing green.  I did "Install All" a 2nd time, redoing the entire install.  Still red.

We'll take a look at this for sure - but if your packs have installed and are available then it might be superficial behavior that's specific to the CCC. Noting this now. 

Waltenstein Studios
    2. Rapture Pro Log files are being forced to "C:\Cakewalk Content\Logs\rap2-log-apr29.txt", even though that folder didn't even exist before.  My install was pointed at "D:\extra\Cakewalk Content".  Why aren't the logs going there?

The log filepath cannot be changed from the default location. 

Waltenstein Studios
    3. I had a few content packs installed in Rapture prior to installing Rapture Pro, including the Rapture pack by Muz3um, which I downloaded from patcharena.com.  None of the Muz3um patches will load at all in Rapture Pro (they still work great in Rapture).  For some reason it seems to be looking for an F: drive, which I've never had on my system.  Perhaps this is the default folder where the pack producers had their files, and that got embedded into the patches?  Here is a hopefully relevant section from the Log:
    08:27:14 [ D:\extra\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture (legacy)\Muz3um\Basses\Alisa - 1387.prog ] Loading Program
    08:27:14 [ D:\extra\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture (legacy)\Muz3um\Basses\Alisa - 1387.prog ] Loading Legacy Program. (Program format version 10014)
    08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] reading .sfz file...
    08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] loading f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav
    08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] load failed, trying sample pool path: D:\extra\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Sample Pool\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav
    08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] load failed, trying SFZ path: \fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav
    08:27:14 [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] trying flac: f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.flac
    08:27:14 (!) [ f:\daw\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\muz3um\fr4 - alisa 1387 3.wav ] ERROR: unable to load
    08:27:14 [ ] done loading legacy program

Interesting, so to be clear. You already have these files on your computer. Rapture Pro is finding them - but failing to load them. Is that correct? Can you give our wonderful support team a call. They'll be able to really dig into your system over the phone and work out some sort of solution for you. Hope this helps!

Waltenstein Studios
    4. Modulation wheel doesn't seem to work at all for some patches.  For example: in the Hardgroove Steinberger pack, "Steinberger MW Wah" seems to ignore the modulation, but strangely other patches in that same pack do work fine.  Even more strangely, that specific patch works perfectly in legacy Rapture, including modulation.

We'll take a look into this, thanks!
    -DG
    post edited by Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk] - 2015/04/29 12:32:59
    Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 395
    Re: issues with Rapture Pro on Win 7 2015/04/29 12:24:43 (permalink)
    musicmanrdu
    I'm having issues with sounds not playing as well. The Muz3um folder was not even installed in the Rapture Pro multisamples folder. I had to manually copy it from my Rapture multisamples folder into the Rapture Pro multisamples folder (I had to do the same for all of the DSF sound packs). After this I was able to hear something. Still, there are random sounds that won't play, for example: FG Chip-Tune, FG Chunk, FG DirtNap, FG Kitchen Sync and random others from the Rapture Expansion Pack 2 collection. I can't figure out what is going on with these. Cakewalk, please get stuff right before releasing!!!!!!

Taking a look into this stuff now, thank you for reporting!
    -DG
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1