laptop trobles

Author
LennyRocks
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2011/03/21 16:31:38 (permalink)

laptop trobles

I bought gt3 back in 06 it has been apain in the a@# to get it running. Igot it working after much hair pulling.and years of problems.I decided to get a new laptop(hp-g42 win-7)Iam running ableton live-le,gt3 cakewalk,intone guitar express,ik-multimedia amplitube-le,m-audio fast trac.please help if you can getting these programs to work togather so I can get some tracks recorded. I am not a happy camper. give me analog anyday!

2 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:laptop trobles 2011/03/21 21:58:29 (permalink)
    ok.. get each thing working individually...

not sure if you can use ableton with GT3.. but you might be able to via rewire IF both things support it..

I'm guessing it's more how you set things up , or not.. you have been thru the getting started setting up audio / midi ? if not.. thats  the first thing to sort out.

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:laptop trobles 2011/03/23 08:34:56 (permalink)
    You can have analog.... digital rocks since it is really so much easier to work with.

When you went with W7 you moved to a whole new world. Is the W7 64 bit? Are the applications you want to run 64 bit complaint?  Will the cakewalk platform run on 64 bit or does it need a previous 32bit OS ...OR...will it run on the W7 32 bit emulation mode?

It sounds to me like you have problems related to those questions. They are all solvable.

Another question I have is..Are you running the latest audio drivers?    The M-audio should work just fine, you might need new W7 drivers for it though.... get them from M-audio.

As Fog explained..... take one thing at a time and get it working. I'd work on the basic cakewalk platform first.... check to see if it is compatible with W7 in either 32or 64 bit modes.  If it's not you need to upgrade to a newer platform that will run in W7.

The least expensive one that I'm aware of (without looking in the store) is MC5.... it works on W7 in 32 bit emulation. Many people are running it successfully and it has some pretty cool features.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1