locked out!

Author
babakarjohn
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/04/08 01:30:53 (permalink)

locked out!

Lastnight loaded dim pro in Digital performer 4.61 Great no probs, ran thro' the sounds, wonderful. This morning open up composition and when dimpro loads, everything stops. i suspect there is a performer dialogue box underneath the dimpro window that needs an 'ok', (in order to continue loading) but i can't get to it because the dimpro window won't move out of the way. I need to slow down the loading of dimpro, so that Dig Perf can do its thing first.

5 Replies Related Threads

babakarjohn
    RE: locked out! 2006/04/08 10:59:43 (permalink)
    iMac G5, OSX 10.4.3? (the latest) 2GB memory. When loading a composition in DigPerf, some dialogue boxes appear that require a response before the program fully loads, but as soon as the second dialogue box appears DimPro covers it up, and DigPerf gets stuck. The DimPro window can't be moved out of the way, it is stuck, but i can change the instruments. The only way out is to force quit. So i was wondering if i can temporarily remove DimPro from a folder somewhere, whilst i open up DigPerf., then i can re-load it after, as a temporary workaround.
    babakarjohn
    RE: locked out! 2006/04/10 11:57:26 (permalink)
    hello, i have loaded 1.2, it's the first thing i tried! please tell me how to temporarily remove dimpro from a folder somewhere, then i can open DigPerf, and re-load Dim Pro
    mikebeck
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: locked out! 2006/04/10 23:22:50 (permalink)
    To add to the thread:
    After I installed the 1.2 update, I saw at the bottom of the resulting readme file that version 1.2 crashes Digital Performer 4.6.
    I didn't see this info anywhere until after I installed it.
    Is there any way to revert (without doing a complete reinstall), or is there a fix in the works?
    Digital Performer 4.61 is my main recording app, so I'd like to get Dimension Pro working with it as well.
    Thank you.
    OSX 10.3.9, Powerbook 1.33ghz, 2gb ram
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: locked out! 2006/04/11 08:18:49 (permalink)
    Mikebeck,

The Digital Performer crash is caused by the lethal combination of Digital Performer 4.6, OSX 10.3.9 and any plugin compiled with the latest XCode (Apple development suite). If you use certain chunks of code, compile, and then run the plugin on Digital Performer 4.6 on Panther, <kaboom>.

Unfortunately, the latest XCode is required to get the apps in Universal Binary, and also gives a performance boost in PowerPCs.
    It is possible that we might find a workaround for this issue, and it is also possible that those will be fixed in next Digital Performer release. However, I think the ultimate fix is updating OSX to 10.4.x. I know, it's a paid update so it's no good news, but it might help you to avoid issues in other plugins as well, now that everyone is moving to Universal Binary.

In the meantime, I think there's a way to reinstall without reinstalling the contents. I only remember the PC-side procedure though, Chad?

-René
    mikebeck
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: locked out! 2006/04/11 16:26:52 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info, Rene! I'm always glad to know the reasons behind this kind of thing.
    I probably will be upgrading to Digital Performer 5 soon, and for other non-audio reasons I haven't upgraded the OS to Tiger yet.
    I'll watch the thread to see if there is a way to reinstall without having to reinstall the content in OSX.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1