logic 4.7 for pc, and suppose to run on 98? or can i use xp

Author
musicman3527
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
2008/02/11 22:30:39 (permalink)

logic 4.7 for pc, and suppose to run on 98? or can i use xp

i currently use sonar 7 pe in most of my studio,alltough i have an old copy of logic 4.7 for pc , only its for windows 98, is there any way i can make this work in xp or do i just not use it, i only got a couple hours use on it back in 02 when i was too busy to learn it, but if i remember it had some pretty nice plugins, i just wanted to put it on a spare pc i had layin around and fart with it, thanks so much for looking at my ? http://www.myspace.com/downonthefarmproductions
or if someone would like to purchase this from me,logic 4.7 , for pc, hit me up on my myspace
post edited by musicman3527 - 2008/02/11 22:55:36

TAL MARTIN

3 Replies Related Threads

inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: logic 4.7 for pc, and suppose to run on 98? or can i use xp 2008/02/16 05:52:56 (permalink)
    I'd skip it.
    It has a 1GB memory limit, isn't mult-core capable, and isn't designed for XP or any of XP's Service Packs.
    At this point, though it MIGHT work, it's hopelessly out of date in comparison to Sonar 7, though in its day it didn't have a solid equal (IMHO).

If it's one thing I've learned at this point, it's:
    Don't get too many things going at one time if you're already covered, and you are. S7PE is fine. (not that I'm one to talk... I'm as gear-junkied as can be)

Now, Logic Pro 8 is a different story, but it's Mac only.

Take care,
    - zevo
    musicman3527
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: logic 4.7 for pc, and suppose to run on 98? or can i use xp 2008/02/16 08:14:44 (permalink)
    yea, i believe you are right, i know its way out of date, im getting great sound with 7 pe, and i wouldnt want to ever replace that, so i guess it goes to the software graveyard,i dont think anyone would ever have a use for logic 4.7 for 98, its just to old and out of date, thanks for replying to my question

TAL MARTIN
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: logic 4.7 for pc, and suppose to run on 98? or can i use xp 2008/02/28 19:05:33 (permalink)
    you'd be surprised what some very well known people use. It's all in the 2 channels out at the end of the day.

I mean my friend is still a logic user on the pc. He refused flat out to be pretty much forced to buy an apple because he had to. Although he is coming to the point where he is coming unstuck , simply due to progress like dual core+ computers , vst 3 format etc.

he even kept his Audiowerk soundcards, long after logic stopped supporting them.

When I was installing audio for studios it was 4.7, i'm sure there were newer versions than that. I'm guessing the later ones were xp compatible.

I just looked on ebay, there was a book for logic 5.5 for pc and mac..

so yer maybe later versions are compat. BUT as before, now multi core is more becoming the norm, as well as newer formats.

I'm sure other companies were happy about logic being mac only though..

It's a bit like final cut pro (video editing) .. again mac only, it along with Logic are the things that people pretty much have to buy a mac to use.. I doubt apple will ever port them to the pc though *sigh*

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1