looking for a embed mp3 player that also allows for download

Author
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
2009/02/05 09:59:21 (permalink)

looking for a embed mp3 player that also allows for download

Hi,

I've had a simple flash based music player on my website for many years. Originally I liked the idea that the mp3 files were wrapped in .swf files and it makes downloading the actual .mp3 file difficult.

The music on my site is 9 years old...Now, I want to upload last years SONAR tunes.

Now I'd like to post some mp3 files and make them playable with an online interface but also include a download or save as option.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Flash Exchange is full of mp3 players that do what I am currently doing... calling the my mp3s into a swf package and creating a playlist with xml.

I'm wondering f smply posting a link to each mp3 file old school style is more what I want to do.

What would happen if I posted a .m3u playlist? Can that be embeded and utilized by modern browsers? I've found some auto play embed for .m3u but I'd want a player that the end user can control.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
mike
post edited by mike_mccue - 2009/02/05 11:36:47

5 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: looking for a embed mp3 player that aso allows for download 2009/02/05 11:13:36 (permalink)
    I used to do that with a player, but it became a hassle changing it. what I do now is use soundclick's stations to control my content on my website. I have 2 players - one for a single song on the front page to play as you load the front page, the other player has several songs on it that play in succession (or the user can choose to skip or shuffle).

the great thing is that I don't have to change the code on my website to change the songs on either player! I just change the songs on the soundclick website which is less of a hassle than changing the html on my website. look at my website for an example.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    The Maillard Reaction
    RE: looking for a embed mp3 player that aso allows for download 2009/02/05 12:04:12 (permalink)
    Hi Beagle, I checked out you've done it. That works real well.

It's not much different than I do though and it doesn't seem to have a built in download option.

Right now all I do is create a fresh .swf file in flash from a template. I thne upload the mp3 and my matching .swf file which is realy just the graphic and the control buttons and I edit an xml file in notepad to add a single line of code.

One reason I want to use a free standing host is because I want to do 256k mp3 files and I definitely want them available for download.

Thanks for the suggestion!

best regards,
    mike

Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: looking for a embed mp3 player that aso allows for download 2009/02/05 12:23:09 (permalink)
    yep - you're right it doesn't allow downloads. that would be a show stopper for you. but the 256K is possible IF you pay soundclick $10 a month for their "premium" serivce - actually up to 320K for that. I'm just too cheap to do that.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    wst3
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1979
    RE: looking for a embed mp3 player that also allows for download 2009/02/05 14:35:42 (permalink)
    Hi Mike,

How utterly interesting... I'm looking for a way to post my music so that it isn't trivial to download it and you are chasing after just the opposite. For quick and dirty you might want to check out the player that comes with Sonar. I embedded it and it worked just fine except that there was this giant honking DOWNLOAD button just staring me in the face<G>!

Bill

ORIGINAL: mike_mccue
    I've had a simple flash based music player on my website for many years. Originally I liked the idea that the mp3 files were wrapped in .swf files and it makes downloading the actual .mp3 file difficult.<snip>

Any thoughts?

-- Bill
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF
    The Maillard Reaction
    RE: looking for a embed mp3 player that also allows for download 2009/02/05 15:25:22 (permalink)
    NOW That's funny... I'll check it out!

best regards,
    mike

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1