loop_start/count=

Author
lawapa
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1144
2006/07/12 00:49:02 (permalink)

loop_start/count=

Odd behavior

I start the <region> in a normal way define the loop_ start and loop_end in samples and then add count=. And this is where it all falls apart. For some strange reason the count thing sets up a loop that never ends

While I am enjoying the delay_beats/stops_beats It would stand to reason this other set of opcodes could do much the same thing if I could get the count to count. Is there a known bugger here. Or am I missing something important that goes along with count=.

A guess maybe loop_mode=loop_continuous must be set? And yet if I leave out count= I get a continuous loop

loop_mode=no_loop
loop_mode=loop_continuous

2 Replies Related Threads

Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: loop_start/count= 2006/07/13 22:43:21 (permalink)
    According to the sfz v1.0 spec, count is used to define the number of times a sample will retrigger, start to finish, sans envelope generators, before ending. The spec says the sample playback mode will automatically switch to one_shot if a value count is specified.

AFAIK, loop_count was introduced sometime after v1.0 but I'm not in a position to check my “sfz Data Bank” or trial & error it in a sfz app. Maybe on Sunday, the day of rest.

Search the forum: René dropped a whole swag of new loop opcodes back at the end of last year.
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: loop_start/count= 2006/07/14 00:28:16 (permalink)
    Start to finish. I could deal with that So the Loop_start/loop_end are the culprits. I carefully read the count thing and got the impression I could specify the loop with how many times it repeated itself. That's a test and redo

Mucho thanks Paradroid for the clarification. But I'm undauted here. I'm doing my best at sfzgeek_on. Sometimes I get it right. I got the sfz's to prove it. Well Chad B had a lot to do with those.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1