• SONAR
  • New Update Messed up Breverb (p.3)
2018/12/19 19:53:00
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
jlhawk
If you re-install the unlocked version everything will return to normal. This is version 2.1.12 BTW. Upgrading to the full version should fix any issues. I believe both the locked and unlocked versions install to the same location. Not sure about the full version, but looking to pull the trigger on that and will report back.

soens
So it seems BandLab has renegotiated with Overloud to continue development of Cakewalk versions of their products.

Upgrading to the $99 version should fix any issues, right?!

Otherwise, is it possible to keep the unlocked versions separate from the Cakewalk versions so they don't affect each other?

The full version installs a separate .dll file for the VST.
2018/12/20 16:38:28
soens
So if I'm not confused... updating CbB will relock the unlocked version. Then reinstalling the unlocked version will overwrite CbB's relocked version but you're left without a current updated version. And this has to be done because the new version is part of the CbB install. Right?!
2018/12/20 16:39:45
pwalpwal
how about renaming the unlocked version dll before updating?
2018/12/20 16:59:44
scook
That or move it into a path after the version bundled with CbB or in a path not scanned by CbB at all.
2018/12/20 20:51:42
bwbalint
Any dependencies or preset files that would have to be moved as well?
2018/12/20 21:38:15
scook
Probably. It might be easier to re-install or make a decision about how much effort to expend chasing a free reverb.
2018/12/21 01:27:58
chris.r
I think the dll file is looking for dependencies that can't be renamed or moved so we're basically locked to re-install or finding an alternative, as per scook above.
2018/12/21 02:45:05
abacab
Yup, I guess it's time to learn more all about the Waves H-Reverb (part of the H-series) I got a deal on this year.

$29 on sale now!  https://www.waves.com/plu...ng-h-reverb-for-vocals
2018/12/21 10:27:02
marled
Here (on my lap) the unlocked Breverb version is also messed up. It runs for a certain time in any DAW (including Sonar, CbB), but then suddenly it begins to sound with a terribly beeping tick (also in CbB). And it doesn't help that I had installed it in another path then CbB's. Also the reinstall of the unlocked version has not cured it.
I am glad that I did not yet install CbB on my recording tower (still use Splat there), but only on my laptop. That has been a wise decision! It seems the scepticism about CbB overlapping the installation of Splat, that some expressed here on the forum, has been justified!
2018/12/21 10:38:02
soens
As long as the latest updated version also opens in SPLAT it should be fine. My go-to favorite reverb is still StudioVerb2 tho, only available in 32 bit Sonar, so I keeps 32 bit installed.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account