2017/08/13 18:11:55
craigb
Something different.

Can't stop listening to this album!

(Please ignore the f-bomb in the first song!)
2017/08/14 23:30:46
Moshkito
Glyn Barnes
Strawbs, Down by the Sea.

This track certainly had an influence on my current project.

I so enjoy listening to this band ... Hero and Heroine, Ghosts, and the album that has "Words of Wisdom". 

Dave's book is really nice, but sadly it is more about his history in radio, than it is about his band, though it seems that it came and went ... with blanks in between so he could pay some bills!
2017/08/16 17:22:00
Glyn Barnes
Moshkito
Glyn Barnes
Strawbs, Down by the Sea.

This track certainly had an influence on my current project.

I so enjoy listening to this band ... Hero and Heroine, Ghosts, and the album that has "Words of Wisdom". 

Dave's book is really nice, but sadly it is more about his history in radio, than it is about his band, though it seems that it came and went ... with blanks in between so he could pay some bills!

There is another book by Cousins, Secrets, Stories and Songs. Basically a book of lyrics with a short piece on the inspiration of the song or some other comments. 200 songs in all not all recorded.

Things went wrong when the record company put in Rupert Hine as producer, he did not seem to "get" what the Strawbs were about. Some of the more recent "comeback" albums like Broken Hearted Bride and dancing to the Devils beat were quite good.

I saw Cousins, Cronk and Lambert playing in a village hall last year as "Acoustic Strawbs" a very entertaining evening, Cousins voice was a bit croaky, but then again it always was. Great playing all round.
2017/08/16 17:31:05
Glyn Barnes
The Nice "Live at Fillmore East" I put this album on this morning for my daily exercise, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Here is Little Arabella, one of the tracks on the bridge between Psychedelic and Prog.

You can tell its still the 60's when Lee Jackson says "Have you ever seen a bird quite like little Arabella"
2017/08/18 09:46:10
Glyn Barnes
Steven Wilson - Refuge

From the latest album.
2017/08/20 14:44:10
craigb

Was looking for other stuff, ran into this.  Psychedelic Stoner Rock, but good! 
2017/08/20 19:09:16
synkrotron
Glyn Barnes
Steven Wilson - Refuge

From the latest album.

Nice that, but I'm very much missing PT...
2017/08/21 10:33:38
davidpicker
I agree that music is not about notes and chords.
2017/08/25 19:58:28
jamesg1213

2017/08/26 00:25:33
craigb

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account