2016/02/26 19:20:39
sharke
Soft Machine - Softs (full album) 

Some awesome 70's fusion shredding on this.....

2016/02/26 19:58:28
eph221
Nice to see you're listening to Beethoven, Rain.  My favorite has always been number 7.  Bernstein liked that one as well.  Beethoven's 7th and Brahms 4th are pure ecstasy for those raised on pop music. :D  (and the adagio to Mahler's 10th)
2016/02/27 09:55:51
Mesh
BobF
Mesh
Bob, I'm looking forward to listening to this at home (blocked site at work)....which instruments did you play on it?

I played everything except drums, vocals and some of the backing acoustic guitar.  The intro/outro acoustic parts are mine.

Just listened to this Bob.....very good version. I liked all the instruments used and excellent vocals. More.....more....more :)) 
2016/02/27 10:15:18
Moshkito
DrLumen
jamesg1213
Thunder..the best rock band no-one's ever heard of

I have to say I have never heard of them but you have peaked my interest.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

MOS!
2016/02/27 10:50:38
BobF
Mesh
BobF
Mesh
Bob, I'm looking forward to listening to this at home (blocked site at work)....which instruments did you play on it?

I played everything except drums, vocals and some of the backing acoustic guitar.  The intro/outro acoustic parts are mine.

Just listened to this Bob.....very good version. I liked all the instruments used and excellent vocals. More.....more....more :)) 

Thanks Mesh.  I definitely will be doing more of these.
2016/02/27 17:33:06
Moshkito
sharke
Soft Machine - Softs (full album) 

Some awesome 70's fusion shredding on this.....

I love listening to their first 4 albums ... and that fabulous ABC on THREE is cool, and wwas the piece they used on "Tonite We All Love In London" (movie doesn't have it), and I think that the funny drummer thought to make fun of jazz for all those famous people and stars running around.

On that movie ... listen to Allen Ginsburg read his poem ... and then forget it all and go read his book of poems ... his stuff flies when read ... not as good written! SOOOOOOOOOO ... beat poet all along ... Daevid Allen is the same way, and so is Gilly Smith! They were all living in the same house, btw for a while along with Robert Graves and even Burroughs (Naked Lunch) was around.  A lot of this stuff is on the Robert Wyatt book ... one of the best and most fascinating books worth reading and highly recommended. And his joke on Syd Barrett and others trying to play with him, is priceless.
2016/02/27 18:36:00
sharke
Not that wild about the song but really dig the smooth 70's production. Great sounding track. 

2016/02/28 15:38:45
sharke
Here's some very low and dirty guitar based psychedelic grunge folk from fellow Geordie Richard Dawson in Newcastle...the opening guitar piece is deliciously screwed up

2016/02/28 16:33:00
craigb
Wow!  That Richard Dawson sure is multi-talented!  First Hogan's Heroes, then Family Feud, now this? 
2016/02/29 11:07:47
Mesh
I don't who the singer is, but he's very good and a very moving performance.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkAp5gAYDUQ

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account