2016/04/17 10:43:41
Moshkito
sharke
I was 7 years old when this song came out and like most little boys in the UK at that time I had some very mysterious feelings whenever Kate Bush came on the TV. LOL! Just look at those eyes though....she was mesmerizing.

Goodness ... been listening to her since her first single ... I think it was "Wuthering Heights" and the "50 Words for Snow" is one of the best albums of the year for my tastes ... she just gets better and better. In "50", there is a certain freedom from the song format in a couple of the pieces where the drumming from Steve Gadd is just amazing and insane ... totally out there, spacey, progressive ... there is no word for it! One of the truest poetess' for our time ... and in music even! Go figure!

"Snowflake"  9:482.
"Lake Tahoe"  11:08
"Misty"  13:32
"Wild Man"  7:17
"Snowed in at Wheeler Street"  8:05
"50 Words for Snow"  8:31
"Among Angels"  6:49

Enjoy it!
2016/04/22 22:42:31
craigb
NP: All of Led Zeppelin's discography!

(Actually been going since Tuesday.  )
2016/04/23 00:02:56
sharke
Floating Points is one of my all time favorite artists to mix electronica with live instruments and his music is a real trip. Guy has a jazz background but also knocks out some sick beats (urgh....I said sick beats).

This is a stunning live performance of his latest work and I think it's amazeballs. 

2016/04/23 01:07:12
craigb
sharke
Floating Points is one of my all time favorite artists to mix electronica with live instruments and his music is a real trip. Guy has a jazz background but also knocks out some sick beats (urgh....I said sick beats).

This is a stunning live performance of his latest work and I think it's amazeballs. 

Hmm...  I don't have that one, is it new?  I'll have to check it out later.
2016/04/23 01:11:07
sharke
craigb
sharke

Hmm...  I don't have that one, is it new?  I'll have to check it out later.

Release date 22/06/16
2016/04/23 01:46:34
craigb
Ah, the 6th of Icositriber, 2016. 
2016/04/23 02:14:00
craigb

Took a break from Zep.  Liked the live Kraan and the new Floating Point.  Not sure what discography I'll put on next so this is an "interlude" album. 
2016/04/23 03:36:20
craigb

Another interlude.  Some Classic Prog!

---------------------------------------

Next up will be this groups discography...

2016/04/23 04:48:22
craigb
Really liking tonight's selections! 

I don't want to go to bed (except I've got some actual work tomorrow... figures.). 
2016/04/23 08:08:43
Moshkito
craigb
NP: All of Led Zeppelin's discography!

(Actually been going since Tuesday.  )

The 3 sets of LP's from the LA parties around "Bonzo's Birthday Party" are the ones to listen to ... and previously "Live on Blueberry Hill" ... and the quality might not be the best, but the energy and concerts themselves, were stupendous. I still think that it was some of these bootlegs that made LZ stand out ... all of a sudden everyone wanted to see it because they knew it was electric and amazing.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account