2016/05/29 12:00:08
craigb
I just had a "Neil Young" day about three weeks ago.  You find yourself singing along to his songs without realizing that you're even doing it (same thing with John Fogerty and CCR).
2016/05/29 15:05:37
BobF
craigb
Mesh

(sorry, I also can't get that "share" link thing to work)

*Sheesh!* 

I like that ....
2016/05/29 18:00:05
craigb
BobF
craigb
Mesh

*Sheesh!* 

I like that ....

The video or the fact that I can get one to show when Mesh can't? 
2016/05/29 21:18:45
BobF
craigb
BobF
craigb
Mesh

*Sheesh!* 

I like that ....

The video or the fact that I can get one to show when Mesh can't? 

The tune ...
2016/05/30 11:09:03
Moshkito
Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omGNayQw2YY

"We Came in Peace" ... from "Space Fusion Odyssey" by Nik Turner ... this one piece has Steve Hillage and Gilli Smyth ... and yeah ... you gotta hear this ... it's like the ultimate GONG tribute to Daevid Allen. It's like the next album after "YOU" with "Sprinkling of Clouds" and "Master Builder". A very special listen.

I have not heard the whole album yet, and the piece with John Weinzierl is OK (AD2), and the one with Pulsar is ... not sure yet, and that is all I have heard. Stuck on this one. Steve Hillage is also in a couple of other pieces and it is not the first time he has been with Nik Turner. Must get is his first album with Steve producing it. "Xitintoday" is a magnificent album, and super trippy.

It's hard to not see where Hawkwind got some of its chops in letting go and improvisation, while it almost looks like that Dave Brock was more stuck on the effects on the individual piece ... but this "jam" is totally awesome and out there, and pure "space rock", if not the ultimate in "progressive" by definition.

I'm kinda stuck on this one for a while ... have repeated it for about 5 or 6 times already and had to put it on my earphones, because I needed a blowout! And it really flies past the 4 minute mark ... excellent Steve Hillage and then some ... some people never lose it, because they "have it" in their hearts and it's not there to lose. It's there to say it all ... with the music!

For me, this is a heck of a tribute! 
2016/05/30 11:44:28
craigb
Dang, I was listening to Nik Turner just last night!  Scary... 
2016/05/30 11:49:15
Moshkito
craigb
Dang, I was listening to Nik Turner just last night!  Scary... 

I had actually meant to email you on this one ... but have been so stuck listening to this ... it's a nice album!
2016/05/30 11:58:30
craigb
Moshkito
Must get is his first album with Steve producing it. "Xitintoday" is a magnificent album, and super trippy.

FYI - You won't find it under Nik's solo work, but under "Nik Turner's Sphynx."
2016/05/30 20:03:30
craigb
Not the album I'm actually listening to (which wasn't on YouBoob), but still good! 

2016/05/31 14:39:31
Moshkito
sharke
This old vid of Neil Young singing Old Man at age 26 is a gem....what a singer. 

See the movie that was made about him ... it's pretty good. I reviewed it here a while back.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account