2016/06/07 20:42:24
eph221
BobF

Like the song, but the words are inane. :D:D  Does that elephant represent penis envy?
2016/06/07 21:03:42
BobF
eph221
BobF

Like the song, but the words are inane. :D:D  Does that elephant represent penis envy?

The best lyrics are those that provide meaning that is important to each individual listener.  Isn't it great that for me, it's about elevators while at the same time it's about envy for you?
2016/06/07 21:14:12
eph221
I'm dyslexic.  Lyrics are basically meaningless.  I meant the fact that it's a male (ish) figure with a pink (the feminine) phallic womyn who is trying to castrate him and is the proverbial *monkey on his back*.  It's a classic freudian image.  Of course the elephant is the symbol for the GOP which is the staid paternalistic poly tickal party against which  phallic womyn  rage   (using cowering  young *castrated* men as their ersatz spokespeople and surrogates.)  

I'm just kidding I have no idea what the lyrics mean!
2016/06/10 13:08:07
Mesh
If you like Lynrd Skynyrd, you'll like this: 
2016/06/11 00:43:25
sharke
Some incredible psychedelic drums wot I listened to tonight, definitely one for the headphones this....

2016/06/11 08:10:38
Moshkito
craigb
DrLumen

I thought this was the drummer from Siouxie and the Banshees at first (also named Budgie), but was pleasantly surprised.  On to the list they go! 

NP: Budgie: Napolean-Bona Part 1 and 2 ... from "Bandolier"
2016/06/11 08:14:13
Moshkito
craigb
The 70's were a good time for bands, eh? 

They were only better because the differences were massive, and there was not a "commercial" control on the quality of the music and its variables. 

Today, with DAW's in everyone's hands, no one knows how to be free of time keeping (so to speak) to create longer, and more experiential pieces of music ... folks are too reliant on a paragraph's worth of lyrics to "tell them" what the music is about ... and thus, your interest and appreciation will fall off, if you are an independent listener, as most of us in this thread are. We enjoy hearing different things ... and appreciate the musicianship behind it. But many of those things would not get a play today just about anywhere, except by the 5 or 10 of us, and that is not enough.
2016/06/11 08:25:15
Moshkito
Hi,

NP: Grobbschnitt - Solar Music Live

In what is an astounding piece, that defines so much what was once considered "_____rock" by a demeaning rock press, this remastered piece and setup is incredible on CD. Their drummer "Eroc" makes Steven Wilson look like a child that is just playing with the knobs. Eroc, besides having been one of the engineeers of the sound of that band, and creator of many of its stage antics (sounds familiar? Mani Neumeier did the same thing with Guru Guru!), also has several solo albums, the first of which is excellent, and the next two that are totally weird, off the rocker, and FAUST on acid, and total fun to listen to. It's a veritable playground!

For the fact that the whole CD (2 of them) are all LIVE material, the recording is pristine, and the quality is insane and totally worth having. And to hear such a crisp recording of the drums and players in concert ... is incredible. I'm not sure I have heard a better recording from 1974 or 1975 that stood out "live" as clean as this ... even cleaned up more later.

"Solar Music Live", like the original, is about 5 or 6 different pieces and many times, these would last as much as one hour plus. The original album, was limited to the length of the LP and only had about 90 minutes of it on 2 LP's. The CD's take away that limitation, and you can hear the whole thing on the first CD, and then a different version, a bit shorter, on the 2nd CD. It has monumental solo's and layers that are very well setup and is a real lesson, on how one can improvise and take the music somewhere without being stuck on a rock'n'roll theme or chords.

This is, for my ears, the true version of the old Fillmore material that was never released for the public on album, but was heard by many folks. A lot of its attraction, is for the feeling it created, which no album can bring about in America, since none of it was released, but hopefully in time, we might even hear some of those things, so we can better see how instrumental it was to creativity in general.

Excellent CD. Worth having.
2016/06/12 07:18:46
pwalpwal

2016/06/12 19:42:34
craigb
I like Pavement.

But this is such a Damned good song I can't stop listening to it! 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account