2015/11/02 12:53:14
BobF

2015/11/02 13:12:58
Glyn Barnes
Moshkito
Hi,

Been enjoying and loving it ... Mostly Autumn.
Mostly Autumn here too. But the latest Panic Room album "Essence" is on heavy rotation.
2015/11/03 10:40:31
Mesh
While surfing Youtube, I ran into this band.....they do pirate metal.....lol......(you have to listen to the whole song.......great bar theme song).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55CqLc6IR0
2015/11/03 17:45:23
Jesse Screed
This whole thread has been very enlightening. 

I love all those links.  Thanks for exposing me to new sounds I would have never heard before.  You folks are a diverse group.

My playlist is eclectic too.  When I’m at work I try to listen to the local community radio station. There are some great shows that have broadened my horizons.  They even do polka and big band.

When I’m alone in the car, or listening to my mp3 voice recorder, at least 60%of the time, I listen to my own recorded music.  I have hours and hours of recordings.  I suppose that is vain, but I always listen for clues on what to do different.

If my GF is with me I listen to albums that we both like.  I play my music for her too, but she’s picky, so she lets me know when she doesn’t like one of my pieces.  I guess we have a solid relationship.

The other 35% of the time I am playing guitar or practicing my Sonar workflow.

That folks, is my musical day 5 to 4 times a week unless something interferes.

Thanks again for all the links.
Jesse
2015/11/04 09:13:10
Mesh
Count your Blessings Jesse.....you're very lucky to have so much time to spend on music stuff. I wish I had that kind of time, but I have other priorities that come first (4 children) and my musical needs are secondary to them. Enjoy while you can....

Speaking of guitars and somewhat Big Band, this is what I'm listening to now:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhJ-4bQ-tY ......I love Big Band stuff!!!

If you like DLR and some bluesy/rock stuff, this is a pretty good album with tons of talented people working with him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd4DO7jJayQ

2015/11/04 09:17:32
BobF
Sorry if this is a repeat.  Just getting into this thread.

2015/11/04 15:03:01
Jesse Screed
@Mesh,

For me, the biggest take away from this thread  is your comment  "count your blessings"  With all the great blessings I have, I often times forget to count them.  I seem to spend more time counting my curses, what few I have anyways.

I'll bet your four children are pretty awesome just like you. 

Thanks for the reminder (cvb).

Jesse

2015/11/04 15:24:45
Mesh
Thanks for the kind words Jesse......I'm not sure about being awesome, but my children certainly are Blessings and I can count all of them them on 1 hand.....lol....(BTW,  our fifth one is due next Feb (a baby boy!!).....woot woot!!). It definitely has helped (a lot) to look at life positively rather than negatively.........a lot more good things get done this way.  

Anyway, welcome to the forums and would love to hear some of your music.....you can post it in the songs forum and there's a lot of talented people in there who can help with song related material (if needed).
2015/11/04 15:28:18
jamesg1213

2015/11/04 15:31:39
Glyn Barnes
I mentioned Panic Room earlier in this fred but did not post a link. So here is the video page on their Website.

Anne-Marie Helder can do no wrong IMHO.! Her other current project Luna Rossa is another current favourite of mine.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account