2016/08/15 00:53:23
sharke
I wonder if anyone can remember The Units from the early 80's. They were a bit punk, a bit New Wave, a bit Kraftwerk, a bit Blondie, a bit Talking Heads. Rough edged new wavey synth punk, a lot of fun. Anyway this just popped into my head after remembering a friend used to play it non stop when we were kids. 

2016/08/15 01:01:50
sharke
Here's one of my recent discoveries, The High Llamas. This is nice music to play cards with budgerigars to. 

2016/08/15 01:13:17
craigb
sharke
I wonder if anyone can remember The Units from the early 80's. They were a bit punk, a bit New Wave, a bit Kraftwerk, a bit Blondie, a bit Talking Heads. Rough edged new wavey synth punk, a lot of fun. Anyway this just popped into my head after remembering a friend used to play it non stop when we were kids. 

They sound more like Devo to me!
2016/08/15 01:15:49
craigb
sharke
Here's one of my recent discoveries, The High Llamas. This is nice music to play cards with budgerigars to. 

You play cards with parakeets? 
2016/08/15 01:17:09
craigb
Well, you've managed to find two groups that are NOT in my collection James! 

2016/08/15 09:26:17
sharke
craigb
Well, you've managed to find two groups that are NOT in my collection James! 

I'm draining a large festering boil of musical obscurity!
2016/08/15 15:06:17
Moshkito
Hi,

NP:

HERD OF INSTINCT - Manifestation (new album)
Shatterpoint (stuck on it ... played it like 25 times already ... awesome guitar and continuity! Totally superb. 

This album, almost feels like a brand new DJAM KARET album, but it is different and it does have a few touches here and there that are totally Robert Fripp/King Crimson ... though they are a bit subtle and not always clear ... period of Red/Starless bit or so.
2016/08/16 20:56:08
craigb
Moshkito
Hi,

NP:

HERD OF INSTINCT - Manifestation (new album)
Shatterpoint (stuck on it ... played it like 25 times already ... awesome guitar and continuity! Totally superb. 

This album, almost feels like a brand new DJAM KARET album, but it is different and it does have a few touches here and there that are totally Robert Fripp/King Crimson ... though they are a bit subtle and not always clear ... period of Red/Starless bit or so.

Since I love DJam Karet and the Red/Starless period of KC, I think I'll get this as my reward for the new job.

(Plus this thread needed to be bumped off the bottom of the page!)
2016/08/17 11:35:48
Moshkito
Hi,

NP:

KC - Live in Toronto 2015 - Starless

For the 5th time in a row ... what a blow out that was! And the concert in Seattle was almost exactly like this one, except that "One More Red Nightmare" was not done here.

The CD notes are interesting. Because of some stubborn fans, the band refused to play the encore of "21st Century Schizoid Man". But the next night they ripped it ... on the CD!

My funny thought ... Gavin Harrison can play Bill Bruford even better?
2016/08/25 22:12:28
sharke
The Emotions - Flowers. Great example of a 70's mix which sounds absolutely fantastic, even if the music isn't your cup of tea (I love it tho...)

That bass is just the right amount of bass and sits in the mix perfectly. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account