2016/08/30 08:23:39
BobF
outland144k
Perhaps the single most seriously amazing synthesizer solo ever (really)....

That's also an outstanding mix, IMO.
2016/08/30 09:45:01
sharke
BobF
outland144k

Cheers, I used nothing but Sonitus plugins and Sausage Fattener. Then uploaded it to Landr.
2016/08/30 13:16:33
outland144k
sharke
BobF
outland144k

Cheers, I used nothing but Sonitus plugins and Sausage Fattener. Then uploaded it to Landr.

I think I speak for us all when I say, "Huh?".
2016/08/30 14:20:13
sharke
Heh heh
2016/08/30 23:05:04
sharke
Was watching this other video of Cory Henry tonight. His command of dynamics with the volume pedal is absolutely amazing. 

2016/08/31 07:29:48
pgw
My neighbours are getting a fair share of this CD (got in the mail yesterday & volume on the HiFi is set to ON!), seems like he´s always got something new up his sleeve - YES, I´m a longtime fan!

2016/08/31 15:48:06
outland144k
sharke
Was watching this other video of Cory Henry tonight. His command of dynamics with the volume pedal is absolutely amazing. 

Astounding (and so utterly cool).

2016/09/01 00:21:56
sharke
Aaaand this is still one of my favorite videos on YouTube. Has been for almost 10 years basically. I just can't get over Steve Gadd's drumming on it. He hits all the right drums at all the right times 

2016/09/01 15:43:19
Moshkito
sharke
Aaaand this is still one of my favorite videos on YouTube. Has been for almost 10 years basically. I just can't get over Steve Gadd's drumming on it. He hits all the right drums at all the right times 

Love it!

You have to go listen to Kate Bush's "50 Words for Snow" ... Steve's drumming is out of this world in it, and she is not exactly doing a song ... she's just flying all over non-stop in several pieces in it, and he never misses ... it's just amazing.

I also like, specially, his early work with Rickie Lee Jones ... she never regained the touch she had when he was at the drums and I think that he kinda "made" her sound and sing better, because of the special attention to detail and emotion. I think he was in her first 3 albums.
2016/09/01 23:04:01
outland144k
Moshkito
sharke

Love it!

You have to go listen to Kate Bush's "50 Words for Snow" ... Steve's drumming is out of this world in it, and she is not exactly doing a song ... she's just flying all over non-stop in several pieces in it, and he never misses ... it's just amazing.

I also like, specially, his early work with Rickie Lee Jones ... she never regained the touch she had when he was at the drums and I think that he kinda "made" her sound and sing better, because of the special attention to detail and emotion. I think he was in her first 3 albums.

Nice! For me, Gadd's drumming was one of the best things about Chick Corea's album, "The Leprechaun". I think it was  the first time I'd heard him. He kicked everything.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account