2016/10/29 23:39:45
sharke
Little Feat fans may appreciate this rare live radio performance from 1973...the audio quality ain't that great but damn what a fine set of musicians. The groove is just top notch throughout. 

2016/10/30 12:54:58
SteveStrummerUK
jamesg1213
Love Jake Thackray, will have to check that out Steve.

John Watterson plays the occasional live show under the guise of 'Fake' Thackray. This album, and his live work are obviously a labour of love in helping keep the memory and music of Jake alive. His delivery is uncannily like Jake - it's hard to listen without continually having to remind yourself that it isn't the man himself singing.

2016/10/30 14:26:09
jamesg1213

2016/10/30 14:32:12
SteveStrummerUK
Wonderful

My personal favourite:

This is poetry.
2016/10/30 16:12:38
craigb
Mesh
Electric Outlet (Progressive rock/jazz fusion):

Tom Aeschbacher - keyboards
Marcus Deml - guitar
Frank Itt - bass
Ralf Gustke - drums

Nice find! According to what I see, they only have one album... Too bad.  Oh well, this one goes on the "To Get" list!
2016/10/30 16:54:04
craigb

2016/10/30 19:06:20
sharke
Quite like these guys, sort of David Bowie meets Captain Beefheart. 

2016/10/31 11:05:51
bitflipper
Glyn Barnes
Five Hand Reel - Hauges o' Cromdale

That one needs English subtitles.

Luckily, I never listen to lyrics anyway.

2016/11/07 02:08:03
craigb
Stumbled onto a local band.  Heard a song used as a backing track, whipped out my Soundhound app and found it was called Hallways by a band named Pocketknife off of a 2014 album called Dying To Pretend.  The songs seemed pretty catchy so I figured I'd support 'em!  You can listen to the whole album from here:  https://pocketknife.bandcamp.com/album/dying-to-pretend

2016/11/07 11:10:17
Moshkito
Mesh
Liquid Tension Experiment - Live

John Petrucci – guitar
Mike Portnoy - drums
Jordan Rudess - keyboards
Tony Levin – Bass

Everyone's soloing at the same time in time..... :))

I have enjoyed both of the CD's and this Live one, however, I find this a bit too much on the metal side of things, which with the folks in question is not surprising, however, TL is fine here, but really not as great a Chapman Stick player on this stuff, as I think things could be, and I think that some of this may have been due to the mix, which is all drums and guitar and incidental volume to the bass and keyboards, which makes them less valuable, and in my book (... in my book ... ), lowers the quality of the music all around.

But there are some really nice moments in here. Mostly based on JP's guitar work, though, I think.

After seeing Nick Beggs with SW, I am thinking that he and Don Schiff (Rocket Scientists -- from LA), are probably the best two Stick players in rock music. Maybe I'm thinking that TL is studying the notes a bit too much. He was much freer and loose with PG and better, although with KC, it's both in my estimation.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account