2016/12/11 14:59:57
sharke
Haven't listened to this for years, used to be one of my favorite tracks, Radiohead's Knives Out. Love the unusual, sinister sounding chord progression, the great guitar parts and the thunderous low end which drives it all along. Great song. Well worth looking for on Spotify for a more hi-def sounding version because it's a great mix. 

The unusual chord progression is such that it's been covered by a few jazz artists over the years, these are a couple of good ones:

And here's a nice orchestral arrangement:

I guess my next favorite bit of Radiohead would be The Pyramid Song from the same album, again fantastic chords and with an odd rhythm which to this day I still have a little trouble following:

2016/12/11 15:02:09
Ham N Egz

2016/12/11 15:30:33
craigb
I'm about to enter 2011 with Bill Nelson later today.  Wow, what a long journey it has been so far (and still a ways to go if I had all of his newer stuff!).  I must say, I think each new one is getting better than his previous efforts!
2016/12/11 16:20:41
jamesg1213
This popped up on YT, and I saw them on this tour. They were on good form then, although Presto wasn't the strongest Rush album by any stretch. That's what got me thinking about what acts I've seen live over the years.

2016/12/13 01:02:53
sharke
I haven't checked out the YouTube channel of mad animator/composer Cyriak for a few years and was just reminded of it tonight. Turns out he has a whole new bunch of utterly bonkers videos along with their trademark insanity-inducing music. Here's one of them. I think you probably have to be high for it...

2016/12/13 08:11:40
jamesg1213
Channel Light Vessel (Roger Eno, Kate St John & Bill Nelson)

2016/12/13 15:44:45
bitflipper
craigb
sharke
This is a fantastic sounding audio production for 1969 IMO

My bud, Walter Trout, played in that band. 

Was your friend on that particular recording? If so, I'd be interested in the details. Starting with where it was recorded, and by whom. The quality is outstanding, given its vintage. 
2016/12/14 00:52:45
sharke
bitflipper
craigb
sharke

Was your friend on that particular recording? If so, I'd be interested in the details. Starting with where it was recorded, and by whom. The quality is outstanding, given its vintage. 

Wikipedia says the Hallelujah album (on which Poor Moon appeared as a bonus track on the CD release) was recorded at I. D. Sound Recorders, Hollywood. The producer was Skip Taylor and the engineer Richard Joseph Moore. Skip Taylor seems to be strongly associated with Canned Heat but has worked with other bands and artists including Love, Flo and Eddie and John Lee Hooker. He appears to be still going strong. Richard Joseph Moore on the other hand died in 2003, and I can't find much else out about him. One site I found seemed to credit him for "Dixie Chicken," but I don't see him connected to that album anywhere else (Lowell George was the producer). Having said that, I did see his name connected with the Little Feat "Hotcakes and Outtakes" box set released in 2000 so maybe there's something in it. Dixie Chicken is another great sounding album though. 
2016/12/14 03:47:28
Pragi
Natasha Shneider (Eleven) Howling Book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrLhhPx_NeQ
2016/12/14 17:19:36
craigb
bitflipper
craigb
sharke

I doubt it.  He played with them during the early 80's.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account