2015/11/07 11:22:19
sharke
I love this old video of The New Christy Minstrels singing The Drinking Gourd. The quality ain't that hot and you have to crank the volume up but boy what a song, the kind of tune that makes you want to pick up your guitar and learn the chords.

There's an album version as well which is a lot clearer of course but it's more up tempo and I'm not sure I like it quite as much (although it's still great). Ain't minor chords great though 

2015/11/07 11:30:43
sharke
You don't hear singing voices like this anymore. Karen Dalton from 1971. Whiskey made audible!

2015/11/07 12:26:01
SteveStrummerUK

I have a pretty eclectic mix of audio lurvliness currently occupying the decks...

NEW MUSIC:

• Nettlesmith - Cookin' In Satan's Kitchen
Wonderful set of songs from James and Tim, and beautifully produced. A real treat for the lug 'oles 

• Saxon - Battering Ram
Biff and the boys still on top of their metal game.

•  Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday
Not quite as strong as their previous release; mind you, Ballad Of The Mighty I is as good as anything he's ever penned, in my 'umble opinion.

•  Squeeze - Cradle To The Grave
Unmistakably Squeeze from start to finish. Nice.

NOSTALGIA:

•  Skids - Scared To Dance

• U2 - Boy

• U2 - War

• U2 - October 

2015/11/07 16:22:09
craigb
Mesh

That song reminded of Days of the New: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc93qiIHe60 
or even this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgOBleNPR00

Been listening to all three of their albums (cleverly entitled "Days of the New," "Days of the New" and "Days of the New").  Kind of like the lighter side of Alice In Chains with better acoustic guitar work.  Nice!

2015/11/08 05:19:09
Bob Oister

Been really digging this band lately! GOOD Stuff!!!
2015/11/08 12:18:00
bapu
Mesh
Talk about being gifted.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3oNVmSaMsE

He's probably peaked.
2015/11/08 19:22:05
BobF
One of my favorite vids is actually an ad.  For Blackstar

2015/11/09 09:09:13
Moshkito
craigb
Good job!  Mosh is probably Haydn now so we can scratch that off our Liszt and get Bizet doing something else.  I'll just Mozart along and have a Franck with an orange Schubert for dessert. If Pedro comes back as a Mahler and things start to un-Ravel, I'll be Verdi glad I'm not here. G'luck! 

Craig ... I've been Haydn for years! 
2015/11/09 09:12:38
Moshkito
jamesg1213
BobF
What a voice!!

Great to hear a voice like that, naturally bluesy. Thanks for that, have to check out some more of her stuff.

I don't think it's so much the voice as it is the expression and how she articulates the piece of music, which is not something that anyone can teach ... it's very individualistic and special when it works. And it does here!
2015/11/09 09:16:10
Moshkito
bitflipper
Speaking of amazing voices...check out this reggae-ish version of Teach Your Children

I think that David Crosby is sitting in his bed thinking ... man ... I'm out of time!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account