2017/05/09 05:53:22
craigb
Been listening to the new double CD from Mostly Autumn.  This song sounds like it could be the theme for a James Bond movie!

2017/05/09 11:35:22
Moshkito
sharke
I always liked the music in old cartoons. It amazes me how well they coordinated it with the animation (or rather, the other way around). 

Read the Cartoon Music book ... your appreciation will increase! 
2017/05/12 15:32:25
Mesh

2017/05/12 16:27:30
jamesg1213
Mesh

I went to see him live in February, not really my cuppa tea but he puts on a great show and has a superb band.
2017/05/12 16:58:29
Mesh
I actually accidentally ran into this video on YT and immediately thought of you......the recording is excellent. His other songs seemed 'ok', but didn't really do much for me either. 
2017/05/12 17:06:43
jamesg1213
Mesh
I actually accidentally ran into this video on YT and immediately thought of you......the recording is excellent. His other songs seemed 'ok', but didn't really do much for me either. 

He's had an odd career trajectory...became known very young as a virtuoso accordion player, working with a band of much older guys. He's now become a huge-selling artist in Ireland, kind of a country/pop/folk Michael Buble'. Very popular with ladies of a certain age, judging by the concert I went too.
2017/05/12 17:15:58
Mesh
jamesg1213
Mesh

He's had an odd career trajectory...became known very young as a virtuoso accordion player, working with a band of much older guys. He's now become a huge-selling artist in Ireland, kind of a country/pop/folk Michael Buble'. Very popular with ladies of a certain age, judging by the concert I went too.

It was that "pop" feel to it that put me off.....otherwise, pretty good stuff. Personally, I prefer the traditional Irish/Scottish folk songs.
Thanks for the details....I really didn't know anything about him.  
2017/05/12 17:24:28
jamesg1213
Mesh
Personally, I prefer the traditional Irish/Scottish folk songs.

How about these?

Wolfstone do a more 'rocked-up' kind of Scottish folk, tremendous live band but they've gone very quiet the last few years.
2017/05/12 18:07:58
Mesh
Yes, that's some good stuff, but I was thinking more on these lines:

2017/05/15 03:42:32
sharke
Bit of a change of gear here. I love this Steely Dan song from their underrated Two Against Nature album from 2000. The chords are great and the arrangement exquisite - some really rich harmonies in there and the horn parts are written beautifully. Very well played guitar parts too. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account