2009/06/07 12:17:23
Roflcopter
1. pistolpete
2. freeze
3. simon cowell

The instruments being fingernails & chalkboard, I take it.
2009/06/07 12:36:48
Jessie Sammler

ORIGINAL: Roflcopter

1. pistolpete
2. freeze
3. simon cowell

Don't forget the one-string banjo.
2009/06/07 12:46:19
titusgroan1
Pipes;

1) Davey Spillane
2) Seamus Ennis
3) Kathryn Tickell
2009/06/07 13:01:29
SteveStrummerUK

ORIGINAL: Jessie Sammler

ORIGINAL: Roflcopter

1. pistolpete
2. freeze
3. simon cowell

Don't forget the one-string banjo.

Oi!!

That's copyrighted to SStrummy

Good call though

Here's mine:

GUITAR:
Edward Van Halen (Van Halen)
Glenn Tipton (Judas Priest)
Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)

VOCALS:
Joe Strummer (The Clash)
Ian Hunter (Mott The Hoople)
Jake Burns (Stiff Little Fingers)

BASS:
Jean Jaques Burnel (The Stranglers)
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
Norman Watt-Roy ([Ian Dury &] The Blockheads)

2009/06/07 14:09:43
bayoubill
Shucks!!!! I forgot about PETE!!!!
2009/06/07 14:21:20
geeare1
Slide Guitar:

Ry Cooder
Sonny Landreth
Duane Allman

I know putting Duane Allman third may upset some people but that's just the way I see It.
2009/06/08 11:23:02
space_cowboy
Pan Flute
Zamfir
Joeri Murk
Roar Engelberg and Uña Ramos tie at number 3.
2009/06/08 12:21:27
bapu
Pan Fruit?

Great avatar. Depicting the fear from a rise of a certain mutant?

Attached Image(s)

2009/06/08 12:54:02
Moshkiae
Hi,

20th century only ... and this is not easy ...

Frank Zappa - one of the best rock composers ever if we would only have enough guts to listen to it and realize that we're hearing a ... concept on top of another ... and sometimes it sounds dissonant to our melodic/rnr ear ... over the years the music has mellowed a little and is more accessible ... must see is Zappa plays Zappa. It's excellent and end of conversation.

Mike Oldfield and Vangelis - Both are two of the foremost composers of our time, if we were not so stuck on our popularity express and our radio favorites. Their catalogue and work keeps improving, and if you have not heard "El Greco" or anything recent by Mike Oldfield, you would not have any idea how far these guys are going and have gone. But it is not "popular" crap or rap! So if you like loops and cheap stuff ... don't bother!

Igor Stravinsky - Enough said.

The only way you can appreciate this is if you take a look at music from a higher aspect than just radio or top ten or popular music ... there is way too much out there that deserves mention that will not be listended to because of ear-tuning and clarity ... if you are not used to it, it will be hard for you and that is as simple as that ...

As an example a friend of mine was listening to me blare out Ozric Tentacles and he liked it and in the first 5 bars said ... nice guitar ... and ... 5 bars later said ... nice beat ... but 10 bars later he fel out of it ... where's the lyrics? ... and now you know that this is conditioning and then some ... that person could not even hear "music" ... per se.

Because of similar situations, America will always have a hard time creating a master that will stand up to time, and folks like Frank Zappa will not get the credit they deserve ... and until the day that radio and the likes of Sirius and XM stop being conglomerate kissers and be allowed to actually play music ... the chances of you and most of us listening to anything else that has a lot more to offer, even if it were just classical music related -- which already is not even supported as much ... anywhere across the country but NY and SF ... the chances of an American musician getting bigger than BB King, or Brittany Spears ... or Bruce Springsteen ... are almost nil.

In the age of "world" this and that ... Americans are making it a point to make sure that no other music gets heard here ... it's way too ethnocentric for my tastes sometimes.
2009/06/08 13:00:20
Johannes H
Mellotron:

Mike Pinder
Rick Wakeman
Tony Banks

Best, JH
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account